Life Expectancy

Options
Putting this here because I think life expectancy is a great motivator. :)

So I am taking a college class called Biology of Aging. One of my assignments is to take this life expectancy calculator. I wanted to share it with everyone, and a few quotes about aging and such. :) It takes only about 5 minutes to finish. :)

http://www.livingto100.com/

***Life Expectancies for the "Perfect" and "Worst" 20 Year Olds***

As you will see below, health habits make a tremendous difference in life expectancy. The average life expectancy for men is 84 years and for women is 87 years.

-A 20 year old male who has perfect health habits can extend his life to 98 years, but if the same 20 year old follows the worst health habits his estimated life expectancy is only 60.8 years.

-A 20 year old female who has perfect health habits can extend her life to 101 years, but if she follows the worst habits her estimated life expectancy is only 63.8 years.

***Life Expectancies for the "Perfect" and "Worst" 60 Year Olds***

-A 60 year old male can expect to live 24 more years on average and a female an additional 27 years, but good habits can add years and bad habits will take a toll.

-A 60 year old male who has perfect health habits can extend his life to 98.8 years, but if the same 60 year old follows the worst health habits his estimated life expectancy is only 60.8 years. He has an estimated 292 days left in his life!

-A 60 year old female who has perfect health habits can extend her life to 101.8 years, but if she follows the worst habits her estimated life expectancy is only 63.8 years. That is a 38 year difference in life expectancy between perfect habits and the worst health habits. Lifestyle change at any age is the key to a longer life expectancy.