exercise not listed

Options
how do you know how many calories you have burned if your exercise is not listed....ex....push-ups, or sit ups?

Replies

• hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    they cansider push ups and sit ups as strength training because they do not burn many calories... depending on weight and height a push up can only sometimes burn 1/2 a calorie - 1 calorie.... if you are doing them in a dvd type work out ive always used the circuit training excercise to log it
  • hotjacki85
    Options
    they cansider push ups and sit ups as strength training because they do not burn many calories... depending on weight and height a push up can only sometimes burn 1/2 a calorie - 1 calorie.... if you are doing them in a dvd type work out ive always used the circuit training excercise to log it
  • medavis510
    Options
    I found this site helpful in figuring out how much calories were burned. It has a lot of the same activities as MFP, but there are a few extras I added to my exercise list.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Hope this helps!
  • hotjacki85
    Options
    this is an awesome site... i just looked through it and couldnt believe all the little things they had!!! thanks
  • mamaheinz
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that. I appreciate having something else to help calculate calories burned.