First week, and a LOSS!

Options
I had my first weigh-in this morning after starting MFP - 2.7# down, and I "broke a decade"! And that was without being 100% good this weekend. 41# down, 29 to go! :tongue:

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! Keep on going. I love MFP..I cant stay off of it and I get lots of motivation from it..
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Good job! Don't you just love MFP?
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OMG that's GREAT ! Keep up the work and you'll see lots more =)
  • audbbgirl
    audbbgirl Posts: 83
    Options
    Way to go!! This website is amazing and the people on it are even more amazing. Keep up the good work.

weight.png
  • amkam96
    amkam96 Posts: 15
    Options
    Just a ?, I am trying to figure out if most women on MFP are doing cardio 4-5 x's a week? I have just looked back at workouts and showing that ONLY if I do cardio during the week along with MFP will I show a lose. If no cardio is done, than I am only maintaining. My husband on the other hand does not work out conistently but with following MFP he has lost 15.5 lbs. I was starting to get bummed out because i have not seen a lose in 3 weeks even with being very strict with my calories...I think I need to get back to the cardio this week if I want to see a consistent weekly lose....Ya think?
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    great job!! i have been on mfp for over a year but just serious bout the last month! i love this site... for watching my calories over the last 3 weeks i think im finally seeing the weight drop slowly... i have been stalled for a while but i can feel the difference.. KEEP IT UP!
  • DonaB64
    DonaB64 Posts: 8
    Options
    I know! I love having the app on my Droid, too! I'm constantly looking around on the site and was so excited to put my weight in this morning.
  • DonaB64
    Options
    Good Job!! Keep on going. I love MFP..I cant stay off of it and I get lots of motivation from it..
    Sorry- I "replied" instead of "quoted"! I love MFP and really love having it on my Droid - I can't stay away!
  • DonaB64
    Options
    great job!! i have been on mfp for over a year but just serious bout the last month! i love this site... for watching my calories over the last 3 weeks i think im finally seeing the weight drop slowly... i have been stalled for a while but i can feel the difference.. KEEP IT UP!

I'm not a patient person and I get very discouraged if I don't see results quickly, but I'm trying to teach myself to take it one day at a time. I've just got to get on track with my exercise!
  • bobbijo72
    Options

I'm not a patient person and I get very discouraged if I don't see results quickly, but I'm trying to teach myself to take it one day at a time. I've just got to get on track with my exercise!

i did HCG and it was very fast result. but its not for everyone.. and i get very controversial response but it worked for me. adn i would recommend to people to at least check into it before giving negative response..
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Congrats keep the good work, you'll be happy you did
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    Just a ?, I am trying to figure out if most women on MFP are doing cardio 4-5 x's a week? I have just looked back at workouts and showing that ONLY if I do cardio during the week along with MFP will I show a lose. If no cardio is done, than I am only maintaining. My husband on the other hand does not work out conistently but with following MFP he has lost 15.5 lbs. I was starting to get bummed out because i have not seen a lose in 3 weeks even with being very strict with my calories...I think I need to get back to the cardio this week if I want to see a consistent weekly lose....Ya think?

I do cardio and it helps... also it just makes me happy to feel like I accomplished a good workout for the day :)
  • bobbijo72
    Options
    cardio is great for loss cuz you need a caloric defecit to lose... also add in some strength training.. muscle burns fat. you will lose faster!
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sticking to it is important. I had a 5lb loss in my first week, then went something like a month *virtually unchanged* in weight.

I thought I would never see a 10lb loss milestone, and finally I suddenly had a downward spurt to 8-9lbs lost, and then a week or so later jumped down to *FOURTEEN* lbs loss. Currently sitting at -12lbs but after weeks of stagnation I am suddenly seeing a very real trend downward.

It is easy to see now that what I was doing during that "terrible" month was stoking the flames of fatburn, laying down a foundation of improved metabolic action, adding some muscle mass, etc. Now I appear to have the pleasant problem of having to SLOW the weight loss down to a healthier rate. Yippee, I hope!

Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, but if you stay the course, stuff *will* happen.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!