OT....when does school start?

Options
Ok....I love my children with all of my being......I wanted them and worked hard to get them....but if school doesn't start soon (2 1/2 weeks) I think i'll go insane....AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

They have just be picking and bulling each other these last few days and I swear they are louder than anything known to mankind....

please dont' judge me.....i love love love love routine! But knowing how important summer and creativity and just plain old play is I made an effort not to overschedule them this summer....it's just gotten toooooo hot for me to just kick them outside....air quality is iffy as well when the heat gets up also......

just needed to get that off my brain...thanks!

Replies

• ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ok....I love my children with all of my being......I wanted them and worked hard to get them....but if school doesn't start soon (2 1/2 weeks) I think i'll go insane....AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

They have just be picking and bulling each other these last few days and I swear they are louder than anything known to mankind....

please dont' judge me.....i love love love love routine! But knowing how important summer and creativity and just plain old play is I made an effort not to overschedule them this summer....it's just gotten toooooo hot for me to just kick them outside....air quality is iffy as well when the heat gets up also......

• Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I'm jealous! My two don't go back to school until Sept 2 - mind you they only got out on June 26 but are already in each others faces by the time I get home from work. Thankfully our daughter is a junior counsellor at summer camp this week. That should give them a break from each other.
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! My two have been the same for the past two weeks. Whatever they can do to get on each other's nerves, they will do it. And they are so wild lately!!! I am ready for school!!!
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have been playing referee all day today. Today has been especially bad. It's really hot here (there is a heat advisory), so I won't let them out to play, and we have been out all weekend/ yesterday...so I wanted a break.

I think I am going to rip my hair out!!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    And the good news is --- it doesn't end even when they get OLDER!!! !!:ohwell: I have an 18 year old and a 16 year old and they shred each other!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Sunscreen, hats, bottle of water ............kick em out lol. Today I only have my son, 7 yr old. My step son, 14, is off playing with friends and I have NO daycare kiddies. Daycare kids are 6 and 3 so normally there is constant bickering between them and my son. Thats why I keep them busy , if they are running and playing there isnt much time to fight. On a nice day its the splash pad or lake or park , all free. On a VERY hot day or rainy day we hit the indoor play place, $8.00 per child but well worth my sanity. I can have a coffee and enjoy a book, and they can run scream and yell all they wish. School starts back Sept. 2nd here, but I really cant complain our summer has been pretty decent.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, I really do and I'm not bragging when I say "PRAISE THE LORD FOR AN EMPTY NEST!!!" :bigsmile:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    September 2nd here too!! My kids have pretty much stayed out of each other's way. I'm just having a problem having a moment's peace to myself. My six year old thinks it's his life mission to see how many words he can say in a day. And my 13 year old has decided to start acting like a typical teenager, has holed himself up in his room, and I have to keep convincing him that the sun will not kill him him!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    My heart is breaking!! :brokenheart: School starts August 11th and it makes me so sad. I'm NOT ready for my son to go back and I'm NOT done with summer.
    Maybe it's different because I only have one...lol. I knew what I was doing.:wink:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    School starts here on August 27th... and I WISH it were about a month later. I feel like summer just started!

I'm a teacher and I'm not ready for summer to come to an end!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    My heart is breaking!! :brokenheart: School starts August 11th and it makes me so sad. I'm NOT ready for my son to go back and I'm NOT done with summer.
    Maybe it's different because I only have one...lol. I knew what I was doing.:wink:

"Never let them outnumber you! "

In my case "No more than you can hold , one in each hand."
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can't wait either.................Love them to death but I am losing my mind... I have four but only two go off to school and the other 2 stay home with me full time... 6,5,2,1..... I am counting the days down...
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    their ages are 6,5,2,1
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options

"Never let them outnumber you! "

In my case "No more than you can hold , one in each hand."

Well, i have three sweet ones....I am always cuddled on the couch...one on each side and one in my lap...:smooched:
    .....but today and yesterday, I've been cuddled by a lot of "mommy, she did"....."mooooommm, he sprayed me with the water hose"......"gimme back my toy"! " I'm hungry" "can i come out now" mom, mom, mom, mom, mom,.......:tongue::tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have 2 girls but only 1 is in school... she goes back September 2nd or 3rd.
    They are driving me nuts! The 7y/o is picking on the 2 y/o and now the 2y/o has developed a high pitched screech:explode:

The weather has been so crappy so we can't really do any outdoor activities.
    The only thing left to do this Summer is go to the beach and Niagara Falls (which will bein August)

Hang in there ladies!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

haha I dont judge LOL
    Mine goes back Sept 3rd or something...right around there. She is 6 and a very good lil thing, but when her and her brother (he's 3) get going at one another *hair turns grey* LOL
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    my sons last day was yesterday he is a year around school
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You're going to miss this
    You're going to want this back
    You're going to wish these days
    Hadn't gone by so fast
    These are some good times
    So take a good look around
    You may not know it now
    But you're going to miss this
    As a Mom of a 19 year old that is out of the house, I was just like you, and Trust me, No truer word where ever spoken dear.
    You ARE going to miss this!
    --Diann...
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    My 3 go back in 20 days, but who's counting... :laugh: :laugh:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Speaking from the other end, us students can't wait to go back either... lol. The parents are driving me NUTS.:laugh: