Getting really bored with my workout

Options
I am on day 11 of the 30day shred, and I am very pleased with my results but I have gotten really burned out and sick of doing it everyday! I moved up to Level 2 3 days ago cause I just couldnt take anymore of doing the same exact routine!
I have taken 1-2 rest days every 5-6 days and I dont know why I dont have the motivation to get into it!
I dont like all of the exercises, so today I just skipped around and did my favorites from level 1, 2 & all the ab excercises.

Has anybody else had this problem? How can I get motivated again!!

Before getting the 30DS I was doing almost an hour of Just Dance2 for the wii for about a month straight, and as you can imagine I got really bored of that! Its like I need something new and different every couple weeks..

Any suggestions? Should I just switch up my workout every week? My husband has P90x, and I tried it a few times and wanted to die... but that was a while back so now Im thinking I could do one of those each week too just to mix things up.

Replies

• kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I memorized the level 2 from the Shred and did it today without the dvd. I pumped up the music in my daughter's nursery and she danced around me while I did it. I can take the moves every day, but I can't take Jillian everyday!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am on day 11 of the 30day shred, and I am very pleased with my results but I have gotten really burned out and sick of doing it everyday! I moved up to Level 2 3 days ago cause I just couldnt take anymore of doing the same exact routine!
    I have taken 1-2 rest days every 5-6 days and I dont know why I dont have the motivation to get into it!
    I dont like all of the exercises, so today I just skipped around and did my favorites from level 1, 2 & all the ab excercises.

Has anybody else had this problem? How can I get motivated again!!

Before getting the 30DS I was doing almost an hour of Just Dance2 for the wii for about a month straight, and as you can imagine I got really bored of that! Its like I need something new and different every couple weeks..

Any suggestions? Should I just switch up my workout every week? My husband has P90x, and I tried it a few times and wanted to die... but that was a while back so now Im thinking I could do one of those each week too just to mix things up.

It is not good to do it everyday, even though the program is set up that way. Your muscles need to recover and this repeats the same day, day after day. You should take 48 hours between working the same muscle groups.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Try P90X again... it's tough but the results are out of this world!
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I really like seeing results as quickly as I have been seeing them, but I have no problem dropping down to only having to see Jillian 3 times a week instead of 5-6.. :wink:
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try P90X again... it's tough but the results are out of this world!

I memorized all the ab moves that I liked from the Ab ripper X and I usually do them a few times a week..
    I am thinking about just doing the Plyometrics once a week.. that was the one that I really Loved/hated:wink: the most!
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like to spin and cycle, but I would always get burned out from doing it too much and quit for a while before i started MFP. I decided on 2x/week for spin/cycling activities as my limit, to make it my "main" exercise. This way, I am always looking forward to it. I also lift weights 2x/week 'cuz it's good for me and I try to run 1-2x/wk for cross training and variety. But if I don't feel like running, I walk or go to an abs/stretching class. I thought I wouldn't lose much weight doing my routine, but I've lost 38 since 1/13 and I am not feeling any signs of burnout. So, basically, I think it helps to limit your main exercise so that you stay motivated and don't burn out. At the same time, add other (completely different) exercises for variety.
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    LOL same thing happened to me.. I was about 5 days in, on Level 2. I went out to buy the Ripped in 30 days to alternate, but it wasn't in stock so I got the Shred It with Weight video. It's another Jillian video, and it's really good. Not too hard when you're doing it, but the next day I was feeling it in a major way.

I started running every other day instead of doing the video. That helped too.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I started working out with 30DS after a very long hiatus. I did it almost every day, and it did get boring (and I hated L2..too many planks!).

Then it got to be where 20 minutes wasn't enough for me, so after that initial 30 (which primed me for anything else), I moved on. I think Shred is best for getting back into basic shape - pushups, basic weight training, basic cardio.

There are a bunch of Biggest Loser DVDs (with Jillian, Bob, or both) that can break up the monotony and are longer. And of course there are about a billion other trainers. You could go to the library and rent a different one every couple days (or Netflix if you have it).

I am doing P90x now (a year after shred) and I love it. I could barely get through it the first week, and could barely move. That went away, though, and now I feel great afterwards. I see myself making great strides in terms of increasing reps and weight. Kenpo X is one of my favorites - I love kickboxing and it just flies by. But I also love that I can *almost* do an unassisted chin-up for the first time since grade school!