p90x nutrition plan

christa_dee
christa_dee Posts: 37
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
so i am getting p90x in a few days and i know there is a diet part with it...the only problem is i'm 17 so i don't control what food comes into the house! and for some reason my parents never want to buy healthy food. so if i dont follow the nutrition plan that closely, but still watch my calories and what i eat will i have the same success?

has anyone else done this?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    so i am getting p90x in a few days and i know there is a diet part with it...the only problem is i'm 17 so i don't control what food comes into the house! and for some reason my parents never want to buy healthy food. so if i dont follow the nutrition plan that closely, but still watch my calories and what i eat will i have the same success?

You should still have success but, maybe probably not as good as you can as the diet plan is pretty restrictive in the first month. Very high protein and low carb.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Bump for later.
  • You should be fine as long as you keep within the calorie goal. You should try to keep your calories healthy though... You burn healthy calories faster! Good luck!!
  • P90X Nutrition Plan

The P90X nutrition plan is divided into three phases in accordance with the P90X calendar. The first phase is the fat burning phase, the second is the strength increasing phase and the third is the endurance building phase. Here is the P90X nutrition guide for each of these phases.

Fat Shredder (For Days 1-28)
    The first phase is designed in such a way so as to make the body lean. In this phase, a high protein diet has to be undertaken, which helps in strengthening the muscles, at the same time losing fat from the body. The daily diet should consist of 50% proteins, 30% carbohydrates and 20% fats.

The fat shredder phase is further divided into three levels, according to which the number of portions that a person has to consume are determined. A person has to determine which nutrition level he is in before starting to follow the P90X nutrition guide plan. To determine the nutrition level, RMR (Body weight * 10) is added to DAB (RMR * 20%). If the outcome falls between 1800-2399, then the nutrition level is one, if the outcome is between 2400-2999, then the nutrition level is two and if the outcome is more than 3000, then the nutrition level is three.

Diet for Level I Phase I

Proteins – 5 servings
    Dairy Products – 2 servings
    Fresh Fruits – 1 servings
    Vegetables – 2 servings
    Fats – 1 servings
    Carbohydrates – 1 serving
    Condiments – 1 serving
    Snacks – 1 serving
    P90X supplements such as recovery drink and protein bar – 1 serving each

Diet for Level II Phase I

Proteins – 7 servings
    Dairy Products – 3 servings
    Fresh Fruits – 1 serving
    Vegetables – 4 servings
    Fats – 1 servings
    Condiments – 2 servings
    Snacks – 1 serving

Diet for Level III Phase I

Proteins – 9 servings
    Dairy Products – 4 servings
    Fresh Fruits – 2 servings
    Vegetables – 4 servings
    Fats – 1 servings
    Condiments – 2 servings
    Snacks – 2 servings

Energy Booster (For Days 29-56)
    The second phase is designed to increase the body's strength as the P90X workout schedule becomes highly intensive during this phase. So, to prepare the body for this extreme workout, changes in this weight loss diet are made. The diet in this phase is a mix of proteins and carbohydrate in equal quantities with a small amount of fat to provide the body with the right amount of energy. The daily diet should consist of 40% proteins, 40% carbohydrates and 20% fats.

Diet for Phase II

Proteins – 4 servings
    Fresh Fruits – 1 serving
    Vegetables – 2 servings
    Fats – 1 servings
    Carbohydrates – 2 servings
    Condiments – 1 serving
    Snacks – 1 serving

Endurance Maximizer (For Days 57-90)
    The third phase of this diet and exercise program is designed to make the body fit like an athlete's by increasing the carbohydrates in the diet. This phase is taken up only if the person has lost enough weight during the first two phases, otherwise this phase is completely foregone and the person can continue with the diet meant for either the first or the second phase. The diet during this phase consists of proteins, small amounts of fat and complex carbohydrates. The daily diet should consist of 40% carbohydrates, 20% proteins and 20% fats.

Diet for Phase III

Proteins – 2 servings
    Dairy Products – 1 serving
    Vegetables – 2 servings
    Fats – 1 serving
    Carbohydrates – 3 servings
    Condiments – 2 servings
    Snacks – 2 servings
    P90X recovery drink - 1 serving

Notes on P90x Nutrition Facts : Fats – 120 calories = 1 serving, Proteins – 100 calories = 1 serving, Carbohydrates – 200 calories = 1 serving, Dairy products – 120 calories = 1 serving, Fruits – 100 calories = 1 serving, Vegetables – 50 calories = 1 serving, Condiments – 50 calories = 1 serving, Snacks – 100 calories = 1 serving.

P90X nutrition guide plan is not your regular quick fix crash diet. It is about the right food choices and the right portions which should be eaten, so that the body has enough fuel to carry on with the P90X exercise routine. So, follow this P90X guide plan as it is, without any alteration and stick to it for ninety days, to achieve your fitness goals.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member

You will have to eat fairly healthy to get the results that they advertise. You will end up disappointed if your eating habits include daily junk food, no veggies, etc.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    bump
  • alyssa83202
    alyssa83202 Posts: 334
    lol, someone else on my friends list replied to this, so I clicked on it just to see that it was from you! :)
    Just eat reasonably and you should be fine. Start having an egg with peanut butter toast for breakfast, drink only water, watch your portions, and cut out fast food and you should be good to go! lol
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219

You should still have success but, maybe probably not as good as you can as the diet plan is pretty restrictive in the first month. Very high protein and low carb.

I am also getting P90X this week and planned on just using the dvd's- I am 5'1 and 113 but looking to tone in a major way. I'm a vegetarian as well (for 15 yrs) and so I assumed I wouldnt be able to follow the "diet plan " anyway.
    My question is basically the same... WIll I have the expected results?
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    cgavin77 - I think if you can follow a "modified" version of the diet plan you probably will see great results. If you don't have a lot to lose then you might end weighing the same or more but you'll be building a lot of muscle.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    I've done one 'Classic' round of P90X & then some variation, before I got an injury that's really taken me out the game. I can tell you that if you're expecting to get the kind of results you see on the infomercial it would take strict adherence to the nutrition plan. If you simply watch what you eat and make generally healthy food choices, you will definitely get results, just don't expect the BEST results. But in any case, following the workout routines will get you stronger and you'll lose weight (assuming you have some excess fat to burn). I've learned though, that getting really "ripped" is about 80% diet 20% exercise.

Don't let that discourage you. I'll bet you'll still be quite pleased with your results - it's worth it. Good luck!
  • kolbyjack
    kolbyjack Posts: 71
    P90X Nutrition Plan

The P90X nutrition plan is divided into three phases in accordance with the P90X calendar. The first phase is the fat burning phase, the second is the strength increasing phase and the third is the endurance building phase. Here is the P90X nutrition guide for each of these phases.

Fat Shredder (For Days 1-28)
    The first phase is designed in such a way so as to make the body lean. In this phase, a high protein diet has to be undertaken, which helps in strengthening the muscles, at the same time losing fat from the body. The daily diet should consist of 50% proteins, 30% carbohydrates and 20% fats.

The fat shredder phase is further divided into three levels, according to which the number of portions that a person has to consume are determined. A person has to determine which nutrition level he is in before starting to follow the P90X nutrition guide plan. To determine the nutrition level, RMR (Body weight * 10) is added to DAB (RMR * 20%). If the outcome falls between 1800-2399, then the nutrition level is one, if the outcome is between 2400-2999, then the nutrition level is two and if the outcome is more than 3000, then the nutrition level is three.

Diet for Level I Phase I

Proteins – 5 servings
    Fresh Fruits – 1 servings
    Vegetables – 2 servings
    Fats – 1 servings
    Condiments – 1 serving
    Snacks – 1 serving

Diet for Level II Phase I

Proteins – 7 servings
    Dairy Products – 3 servings
    Fresh Fruits – 1 serving
    Vegetables – 4 servings
    Fats – 1 servings
    Condiments – 2 servings
    Snacks – 1 serving

Diet for Level III Phase I

Proteins – 9 servings
    Dairy Products – 4 servings
    Vegetables – 4 servings
    Fats – 1 servings
    Condiments – 2 servings
    Snacks – 2 servings

Energy Booster (For Days 29-56)
    The second phase is designed to increase the body's strength as the P90X workout schedule becomes highly intensive during this phase. So, to prepare the body for this extreme workout, changes in this weight loss diet are made. The diet in this phase is a mix of proteins and carbohydrate in equal quantities with a small amount of fat to provide the body with the right amount of energy. The daily diet should consist of 40% proteins, 40% carbohydrates and 20% fats.

Diet for Phase II

Proteins – 4 servings
    Fresh Fruits – 1 serving
    Vegetables – 2 servings
    Fats – 1 servings
    Carbohydrates – 2 servings
    Condiments – 1 serving
    Snacks – 1 serving

Endurance Maximizer (For Days 57-90)
    The third phase of this diet and exercise program is designed to make the body fit like an athlete's by increasing the carbohydrates in the diet. This phase is taken up only if the person has lost enough weight during the first two phases, otherwise this phase is completely foregone and the person can continue with the diet meant for either the first or the second phase. The diet during this phase consists of proteins, small amounts of fat and complex carbohydrates. The daily diet should consist of 40% carbohydrates, 20% proteins and 20% fats.

Diet for Phase III

Proteins – 2 servings
    Dairy Products – 1 serving
    Vegetables – 2 servings
    Fats – 1 serving
    Carbohydrates – 3 servings
    Condiments – 2 servings
    Snacks – 2 servings
    P90X recovery drink - 1 serving

Notes on P90x Nutrition Facts : Fats – 120 calories = 1 serving, Proteins – 100 calories = 1 serving, Carbohydrates – 200 calories = 1 serving, Dairy products – 120 calories = 1 serving, Fruits – 100 calories = 1 serving, Vegetables – 50 calories = 1 serving, Condiments – 50 calories = 1 serving, Snacks – 100 calories = 1 serving.

P90X nutrition guide plan is not your regular quick fix crash diet. It is about the right food choices and the right portions which should be eaten, so that the body has enough fuel to carry on with the P90X exercise routine. So, follow this P90X guide plan as it is, without any alteration and stick to it for ninety days, to achieve your fitness goals.

Thank so much! I have been reading about it a lot, but I liked the way you broke it down.
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    I can tell you that if you're expecting to get the kind of results you see on the infomercial it would take strict adherence to the nutrition plan. If you simply watch what you eat and make generally healthy food choices, you will definitely get results, just don't expect the BEST results. But in any case, following the workout routines will get you stronger and you'll lose weight (assuming you have some excess fat to burn). I've learned though, that getting really "ripped" is about 80% diet 20% exercise.

Don't let that discourage you. I'll bet you'll still be quite pleased with your results - it's worth it. Good luck!

^this
  • Ms_NewNew
    Ms_NewNew Posts: 88 Member
    Bump
This discussion has been closed.