Time To Introduce Myself

Options
paul87920
paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
I’m about half a month into this, but never bothered to do an introduction so here goes. I’m a 23 year old senior in college. I’ve been overweight and obese since I was about 11 years old. I was a very skinny and active kid even though I spent a lot of time sick. (allergy and asthma related) I am an LGBT individual and have been out for 3 years. I include that for a few reasons. 1) I don’t relate well to men especially on such a subject like weight-loss. 2) I don’t want to creep any of the women on the website out. 3) It relates directly to my weight issues. The person I project has never been who I really am on the inside. I spent years deceiving people into believing I was something I wasn’t. I may be morbidly obese, but I’m active. My mind is willing but the body really isn’t anymore. I want to hike, whitewater raft, ride roller coasters, zip line, dance in clubs, and be valued for the quality of my work other than be looked down upon as lazy, worthless, and stupid. It’s honestly ruining my life. I’ve already had one intestinal infarction when I was 17, my best years have been spent obese, and I can’t honestly expect to live long into my 30s like this. Through it all, I’m giving it a last hurrah and trying to keep a positive attitude.

Replies

• happygirl2972
    happygirl2972 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you succeed and reach your goals!!!
  • melissaamartinez
    melissaamartinez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You'll get to your goal of having your outside match your inside :)
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I love the quote in your signature! You'll do great and feel better!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love the quote in your signature! Good luck on your journey, I can hear the determination in your post, I'm sure you'll do great! :)
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Welcome! feel free to friend me! All are welcome!
  • Sassyblue
    Sassyblue Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck
  • SK24373
    SK24373 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Glad you introduced yourself. You have nothing but acceptance and support from me. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    CHeers and best of luck on the journey!
  • Shmookalink
    Shmookalink Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ...and be valued for the quality of my work other than be looked down upon as lazy, worthless, and stupid.

Couldn't have put it better myself! Unfortunately we live in a messed up world where everything is taken on face value. People always seem to judge a book by its cover these days. Just because we are overweight doesn’t mean we can’t be intelligent, creative thought-provoking individuals. I am a graphic designer and (occasionally) come up with something that surpasses my expectations. When clients meet with me for the first time, having seen some of my previous work, I can see it written all over their faces; “YOU’RE the guy that designed THAT?! I thought you’d be thinner!” I have turned work down in the past as a direct result of such a facial expression – I ain’t gonna let nobody undervalue me for the way I look.
    Your introduction is inspirational and I wish you the very best of luck with your weight loss journey. If you ever need a nudge in the right direction give me a shout. You’ll get there – its hard – but you’ll do it. Believe in yourself and your abilities and you can achieve anything.
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I just started this today and have about 20lbs to lose (baby weight from 5 yrs ago lol) My attitude is if you are happy and not hurting anyone then all is good. Live your life to be happy and that is success!!!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. there is so much support and encouragement here. good luck to you.
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great to 'meet' you - I look forward to reading all your achievements along the way :smile:
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Good luck on your journey. Mfp is great for support and motivation. Love you signature :-)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    welcome!you can do this!!You`ve made the 1st step.there are awesome people on this site for support.
    Good luck!!:smile: jane