Elliptical: Toes no longer numb!

Options
I've seen a lot of posts about people's toes going numb while using the elliptical. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it worked for me. I have a Gold's Gym elliptical and I realized that since I'm short I was having to lean forward slightly to hold on to the 'handlebars'. Which was making me lean on my toes. I switched the foot rests around so that the toe stop was at the back instead of the front. That way I could scoot forward more and position my feet more under my body instead of having to lean forward. Course this could be unsafe if your foot slipped off the rest but I didn't have any problems. So try it at your own risk!

Replies

• Laurie9797
    Laurie9797 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I had numb toes from the elliptical, I changed shoes and got a larger size - and that fixed the issue for me! :)
  • B140
    B140 Posts: 56
    Options
    My husband and I both got numb feet and changed to using vibram fivefinger shoes when we workout. No more numbness!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    huh i thought it was just my toes were squished becuse of my shoes but my shoes are half a size bigger... so i dont know...
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this-- I thought I was just odd having numb toes.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I realize there may be multiple reasons for toes going numb but if you're a shorty like me you might try it. If it doesn't work for you it's not hard to switch the foot rests back.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wiggling your toes when u do it helps me :)
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Glad that worked for ya! My toes got numb too, then I loosened my shoelaces. Worked for me!
  • mlindamood
    mlindamood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, i am just sooooo glad more people have that problem. I thought I needed a Podiatrist!
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Seriously I thought I was the ONLY ONE !!! I told my husband this and he looked at me like I was crazzzyyy!!?? Funny thing is that for me its usually just my right foot?? I have no idea how to fix it.. I wear bigger shoes but after about 25 minutes I have to get off and jump on my foot because I literally can not feel it !!!
  • Arielnesika
    Arielnesika Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too... and I'm relieved that I'm not the only one! I loosened my shoes a bunch and try to keep my weight on my heels some. Surprisingly, when I tried Zumba for the first time last week I had the same problem. If anyone knows what that's about, let me know!
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    This happens to me everytime as well! Glad to know Im not crazy!!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Before I turned the foot rests around I noticed that if I turned my feet outward so that my toes hung over the edge it would help the numbness. It also felt like it was working my inner thighs!