Introduction...

Options
Hi there! Here are my stats:

Weight: 125
Height: 5'-5"
Goal Weight: 116
Fitness program: Insanity

I'm in my 4th week of Insanity and am feeling a little discouraged because the weight isn't coming off the way I'd like. When you work THAT hard, you want to feel like it's working - and not just making you tired. I was down to 121 for half a second and saw the weight come back up over the past couple of days. (Could be hormones/menstrual) I've also - to be perfectly honest - not been as diligent about my diet as I should have been over the weekend either.

I am a certified personal trainer and nutrition consultant - so I know what I should be doing. I also know I should be more patient about seeing results. I'm still human though - *smile* - and I admit that I do have 'food issues'.

I like to cook, but I can't eat half the things I like to prepare. Sweets are my nemesis, with down-south comfort food carbs coming in a close second. I tend to err on the side of eating too little because I'm aware of my preferences, and then end up feeling discouraged and disgruntled when everyone else around me is eating whatever the heck they feel like. I'm also having a hard time managing my tendency to 'graze' instead of eating real meals.

Still - I'm working really hard and have been not only doing the Insanity workouts but leading my twice a week classes - in addition to once a week Bikram yoga. I'm a firm believer that age doesn't have to dictate an automatic weight gain. I know for sure that it is harder to lose and maintain weight as you get older - especially for women. But I'm willing to put in the work. I could use some encouragement though. So hopefully, I can make some friends here and both give and receive support in all fitness areas.

Let's go hard and make it happen! :)

T.

Replies

• Mayorga160
    Options
    Welcome Misty!

Glad to hear your prepared for whatever comes in your way, and I like that your very self-motivated!(: I am on Insanity aswell and ooohhh man.,... its not for the weak spirited haha, Goodluck to you!
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome Misty!

Good luck on your goals! Sending you a FR.

God Bless!
  • misty1290
    misty1290 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for responding. I'm in it to win it. :)
  • misty1290
    misty1290 Posts: 13
    Options
    There are mornings when I desperately DON'T want to do get that 45 minutes of Insanity in. But I haven't missed so far. Thanks for the response - and good luck to you too in finishing the program!