Hellooooooo / Eat Clean diet.

Options
So I'm loving this website, originally went on an app downloading spree... and then loved this app, then found out the website was even more awesome. So I'm trying to get my mother and husband to join (hubby is down 20lbs, way to go!!!)

I'm 23, married, going to school, and working full time. Live in Michigan. Would love to find a jogging buddy (ok, love my dog, but she can't tell me how awesome I'm doing ;p ).

So that's about it, I'm not heavy, so my goals are to get into shape.. probably won't lose too much weight (6 to 10lbs) but would like to get some muscle on and eat healthier.

Anyone tried the Eat Clean diet? It sounds kind of awesome, but wanted to see if anyone else has tried it.

Replies

• pj69
    pj69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I own almost every book that Tosca Reno has published...they are all great books and great resources!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome, my fellow Michigander! This is a GREAT site to help you meet your goals! I have been eating clean for about a week and I actually LOVE it!! I lost 6 pounds in about a week(granted, it was weight I had already lost and gained back). I started doing that to get a jumpstart and help get myself back on track. I am actually craving clean foods, now!
  • AllegraWilliams
    Options
    I need to buy the book, I've been perusing the website for a while. So next stop... Barnes and Nobles?? (I've got a gift card from the holidays still, somewhere.)

The nice thing about MI is the beaches, and this year I plan to not be afraid of them. :noway:

I've noticed just eating healthier foods, I start to crave them over sweets.
  • missie21
    missie21 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on this new way of eating. i just purchased the book on Sat and today is my first day.... i am concerned about the amount of food I have to eat but I am interested in jump starting my metabolism. I would love to be friends with people that are doing this to give and receive support...
  • Taralynngranius
    Options
    this is very helpful!
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm not a strict "clean eater" but lately we've been eating a lot of whole foods. We use the brand Nature's Promise at Stop and Shop (might be an East Coast thing) which is almost clean, or at least most of the products are 100% clean. We also just eat a lot of protein and vegetables, and fruit and cheese and just things that are normal! I can't even remember the last time I ate a cracker! For dessert, I am all about dark chocolate. I'm not perfect, I do sometimes pig out or eat non-clean foods, but it's few and far between.

There are also a lot of great clean eating blogs that I like to read. They have some great tips. We did a clean eating Super Bowl party a couple months ago because so much of that food is so bad for you! It was dee-lish. I really want to get her cookbook!