Need recipes for potluck!

Options
Hello everyone :] I am being baptized on Easter and the week after we are having a big party where we each need to bring some yummy goodness. I'm looking for some ideas for food that not only I can eat, but everyone else will want to eat also!! I'm going to be making cupcakes (I'll try to stay away from them :cry: ) but I need some sort of appetizer. I have a slow cooker so I can utilize that too!! Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR BAPTISM!!! WHOO-HOOOO!!!

Spinach salad with sunflower seeds, red onions, feta cheese, red wine vinegar.... all kinds of fixin's....

and/ or pulled pork in a crock pot!! Bring rolls....

ENJOY!!!!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Go to the recipe board...lot's of ideas have been posted there.
  • kpaulsen
    kpaulsen Posts: 25
    Options
    At a recent baby shower, the hostess made these Crescent Pinwheels. They were really delicious and looked great on the platter. I plugged in the ingredients below to the recipe calculator to come up with the nutritional info.

Ingredients
    1 tube (8 count) reduced fat Pillsbury crescent rolls
    1/2 tub Alouette reduced fat garlic-herb cheese spread
    4 slices thinly sliced deli ham
    1/2 cup fresh baby spinach

Directions
    Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread cream cheese over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges; top with ham and spinach.
    Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into 6-8 slices per roll. Can be made ahead and refrigerated/baked right before needed.

Place the slices cut side down on a greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Serves 10 (2-3 rolls per adult)

Calories Per Serving: 127
    Fat: 6g
    Protein: 7g
    Sodium: 209