looking to get a treadmill and suggestions?

Options
just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on a treadmill. we are on a budget so i cant get one of the higher end ones but a medium price range is mangable..... thanks

Replies

• nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    Good luck, but my parents have cheaped out on two, and several friends have done the same thing, and they junked them within a year..... The problem is that with cheap, you buy a cheap motor. I know my parents was rated for 225lbs, and my dad was only 200 and it crapped out.

Anyway, my former roommate bought an eliptical from sears, and its a great machine... but not a treadmill.... Hope this helps, and good luck
  • dawnmarieholm
    Options
    if you have any kind of knee problems check with your doctor first. i have r a and my knee has it the worse. i thought my knee was better so i got on my treadmill and i have been walking and some light jogging and now my knee is swallon again. :( so i have decided to stick with my stionary bike. hopefully when i lose 50 lbs i will be able to go back on it. my treadmill has alot of features and i bought it a sports store. have you checked out used fitness stores??
  • Helen_Ch
    Helen_Ch Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We have a Sole treadmill and love it! We read reviews on www.treadmilldoctor.com before we bought. They review ellipticals too and sort everything by price. Hope that helps!
  • clneary
    clneary Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone and i will check out the site. I will let you know what i end up with