Abdominal pain

Options
I'm on day 5 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, today (should have been day 6) but i took a day off due to lack of sleep. Recently i've been experiencing a lot of stomach acid in my throat and this afternoon i had extreme lower abdominal pain, it only lasted about 10 minutes and lessened when i sat down. It also increased with movement.

I am aware no one can give medical advise on this and i do plan to make an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. But has anyone else experienced this while losing weight? My first thought was perhaps i had strained a muscle but wouldn't i feel that almost instantly? Rather then the day after? I have done nothing but walking today.

Thanks in advance for any answers and please don't simply moan that i should see my doctor, i am going to see my doctor but its 10pm here so got to wait until the morning! =]

Replies

• Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    It sounds like GERD. Mine gets so painful if I go too long without my medicine. But get it checked out by a doctor.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    It does sound like something is going on in there. The acid could be acid reflux (or however you spell it) which could be due to the change in diet maybe. And the lower abs...does it hurt worse when you stand up straight? I have IBS and when I was diagnosed it hurt so bad I could barely stand up. I know some foods and drinks cause flare ups. You may want to search for that one too and see what all the symptoms are.

Good luck! And feel better!
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you've changed your diet drastically to include lots of vegetables. they'll certainly give you gas and bloating. no medical advice, but i take a teaspoon of baking soda in warm water and drink it down as quickly as possible. usually followed by a big burp. also doesn't mask systems of acid, but helps alkaline the system. check it out on the internet. i've suffered with acid reflux and this does help.