Diet for your blood type?

Options
2»

Replies

• kaybol
    kaybol Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for your comments. Thought it might spark a bit of a chat! Yeay! Firstly Nurse_chris, I went to the kinesiologist because I was feeling extremely run down and kept getting ulcers and things, so knew something wrong. He basically told me to eat more protein and asked what my blood type was (I am o neg) so said that would make sense, as my body needs more meat (I used to eat a lot of pasta!) and cut down on sugar etc. So just looked into it really and started making some changes, I have to say I have increased my protein intake and cut out gluten, wheat and sugar because of the advice, and I swear I feel so much better, so just wanted to see what other people thought about it really.

Good luck with the $2 dollar book, I am sure it will be interesting. My mom found one at home she used a long time ago and passed it to me, so its a tad out of date but definately makes sense.

0 blood type in case you were wondering is the original blood group hence we are hunter gatherers in our genetic make up so not geared up for not having a veggie diet etc- it is quite interesting I have to say :-)

Jonny_null - evidence to back up your claim? I have done a degree in sports science so understand physiological make up and it kind of makes sense to me!
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    <snip>

Jonny_null - evidence to back up your claim? I have done a degree in sports science so understand physiological make up and it kind of makes sense to me!

First, the burden of proof is not on me. I am not making the (obviously goofy) claim.

Secondly, your second sentence is an argument from authority (having "done a degree"). People that have degrees make foolish statements. And the statement "it kind of makes sense to me!" has earned you a chuckle from me.

Do you have any idea what separates one blood type from another? Tell me then the mechanism that would drive this to work.

Basic knowledge of how the human body seems to be lacking here. Taking half a second to go to Wikipedia will give you:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet
  • kaybol
    kaybol Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Jonny_null,

Glad to make you chuckle, but I am just going on personal experience, and with cutting out certain foods which apparently dont sit well for my body type has made me feel a whole lot better- surely that counts for something and I did three years on anatomy and physiology and understand kinesthetics and body types so thank you for your put down!!

I love that you seem to be so sceptical and cynical about everything, I wasnt asking you for your opinion on me, I was asking for why you felt so "strongly" against it. I do hope you come across better when you are speaking to people in person because it sounds to me like you are having a go at me for asking to back up your negative claim?!
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Jonny_null,

Glad to make you chuckle, but I am just going on personal experience, and with cutting out certain foods which apparently dont sit well for my body type has made me feel a whole lot better- surely that counts for something

Clearly you don't understand the difference between anecdote and actual data.
    and I did three years on anatomy and physiology and understand kinesthetics and body types so thank you for your put down!!

What does kinesthetics have to do with diet? Or basic chemistry? Are you an astronomer, too? Also, I did not insult you, I pointed out a VERY basic logical fallacy to your argument. Please look up "argument from authority".
    I love that you seem to be so sceptical and cynical about everything, I wasnt asking you for your opinion on me,

Then you should learn to be more skeptical, a little less ready to jump on the next gimmick to come along. I did not give an opinion on you. I do not know you. However, your assertion is up for debate, and I will try to stop, or at least slow, the spread of obviously false and misleading information. You are promoting something that is dumb, and something you don't really understand.
    I was asking for why you felt so "strongly" against it. I do hope you come across better when you are speaking to people in person because it sounds to me like you are having a go at me for asking to back up your negative claim?!

No, you asked me for evidence. Please revisit the first statement in the last post. You should understand it.

None of this is a personal attack, but an attempt to slow ignorance.