Question...may be too much information...please help

Options
Okay, this is kind of awkward, but I need to see if this is normal. I have been counting calories and watching what I eat for a few weeks now, and I am noticing that I am having frequent diarrhea (I warned you this might be TMI :blushing: ) Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just my body flushing out the bad foods and acclimating itself to the healthier foods I've been eating or could it be a symptom of something else?

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is kind of awkward, but I need to see if this is normal. I have been counting calories and watching what I eat for a few weeks now, and I am noticing that I am having frequent diarrhea (I warned you this might be TMI :blushing: ) Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just my body flushing out the bad foods and acclimating itself to the healthier foods I've been eating or could it be a symptom of something else?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I never had that problem, so unless others have, you might have something else going on.
    With all the extra fiber I'm eating these days, I have found that I'm alot more "regular" than I ever was before. But, normal regular, not like what you're talking about.
    I hope you get your "crappy" situation figured out soon! :blushing:
  • back2beingme
    Options
    I've had this problem when I haven't eaten enough (or at all, then finally eat and woah:blushing: ). Are you eating your recommended calories? Cause if not, then your body is probably telling you something. Otherwise, check to make sure you're drinking enough water. That's all I can suggest, hopefully others will have more infor for you.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    I am sticking to my calories to a "t"...I am usually within 50 calories one way or the other at the end of the day...and I am eating my exercise calories...I am making an effort to drink lots of water (8 glasses minimum but usually about double that or more)...and the only thing I can think of is that this problem started when I began eating FiberOne bars as a healthy, filling snack. Could my body just be reacting to the extra fiber that it's not used to and will it probably adjust and get back to normal? Or is it possible that I'm getting too much fiber? Is too much fiber even possible? *sigh* I dunno...
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    Get some flax seed, go to wal-mart, in a black bottle. I put it in warm water and it keeps me....ummm... regular. It taste kinda weird, but it is actually ok. try putting honey or some sugar in with it. force it down for a week, or add it to cerel in am. I drink it at night so it can work.
  • back2beingme
    Options
    It could just be your body reacting to its new diet and exercise plan...my body seems to do weird things to me sometimes for no apparent reason and after a day or two I'm back to "regular" self...hopefully this helps, but certainly if it continues for too much longer, go see your doctor.:flowerforyou:
  • back2beingme
    Options
    What does flax seed do?
  • BrenNew
    Options
    I eat a Fiber One bar pretty much every afternoon. They are soooooooooo good, as well as filling. I definitely get real gassey about 4 or 5 hours later, but, like I said, I don't have your "crappy" problem!
    You're not taking that Alli are you? I've heard that that stuff definitely causes what you've got going on.
    Wish I could think of something else that's causing your problem. Maybe someone else can though.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    No, I considered Alli until I read the fine print that suggested you bring an extra set of clothes with you wherever you go and stay close to the bathroom!

I am going to give it a few more days and see what happens. I have a doctor's appointment next week, and am really hoping I won't have to bring this ugly little problem up at all because I am hoping it will be gone by then...and maybe by then Banks will have chimed in with an explanation that makes perfect sense :tongue:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    and the only thing I can think of is that this problem started when I began eating FiberOne bars as a healthy, filling snack. Could my body just be reacting to the extra fiber that it's not used to and will it probably adjust and get back to normal? Or is it possible that I'm getting too much fiber? Is too much fiber even possible? *sigh* I dunno...
    I can't eat fiber one bars :sad: they make me miserable!! not the runny thing just REALLY gassy but i have heard of some people not being able to eat them because of that problem. that just might be it....we can be deprived of fiber ones together:sad:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    we can be deprived of fiber ones together:sad:

No! :cry: That makes me so sad...please oh please tell me there's something else causing this problem! I fell in love with my Chocolate and Oat FiberOne bar the minute I tasted it, and for 140 calories I want to eat one every day! And they were on sale at Wal-Mart so I bought 5 boxes lol!
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    What does flax seed do?
    [/quote

REGULATES...UMMM...I WAS HAVING A PROBLEM AFTER MATTY WAS BORN AND MY MOM SHOVED THIS DOWN MY FACE. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE WORST THING TO DRINK EVER, NOW ITS ACTUALLY KINDA YUMMY... IT HELPS AND NATURAL. I GO ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE NOW....OK THAT TMI...SORRY.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem, usually when I add the greens.........I wouldnt worry, but be sure that you drink ALOT of water, cause well we all know what happens if you don't. :)
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    What does flax seed do?
    [/quote

REGULATES...UMMM...I WAS HAVING A PROBLEM AFTER MATTY WAS BORN AND MY MOM SHOVED THIS DOWN MY FACE. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE WORST THING TO DRINK EVER, NOW ITS ACTUALLY KINDA YUMMY... IT HELPS AND NATURAL. I GO ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE NOW....OK THAT TMI...SORRY.

I do flax too, only I use the golden flax seed. In the morning I take 1/4 cup seeds and grind them in a coffee grinder, then mix with fruit juice and gulp down real fast (or else it gets very thick). It has helped me tremendously to stay regular and have softer stools (sorry, I know bad subject:smile: )
  • BrenNew
    Options
    we can be deprived of fiber ones together:sad:

No! :cry: That makes me so sad...please oh please tell me there's something else causing this problem! I fell in love with my Chocolate and Oat FiberOne bar the minute I tasted it, and for 140 calories I want to eat one every day! And they were on sale at Wal-Mart so I bought 5 boxes lol!

I don't blame you for not wanting to give them up! I LOVE em too! They're soooo good, that if they didn't make me so darned gassy, I'd probably eat two a day! But, lol, ain't NO WAY I'm going to do that, with the "after effects" I get about 4 or 5 hours after eating one!!! (I think my husband would throw me out of the house too!) :laugh:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Yup, did have that problem too. I think mine was from eating a lot healthier and just mainly from flushing out my system with all the water I was drinking. I went from maybe a glass of water a day to 8 glasses a day, sometimes more when I exercised. Your probably just flushing your system. If you feel fine then don't worry about it, but if you are feeling sick, then go see your doc.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    If youve upped your intake of fruit and veggies more than you used to by a considerable amount, your body could be adjusting. Ive never had a problem with fiberone bars or any variant of them, thank goodness, I eat one every day before the gym.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Ooh, much as I love the chocolate Fiber One bars, I can't eat them. Horrible digestive problems!!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I can't have Fiber One either....makes me too gassy and bloated. *sigh* They are yummy though.

And I've actually been having a problem of my own which I didn't have last time I was following MFP. I haven't be able to...um...go to the restroom for like the past 2 days. And I'm now up a little on the scale which I think is due to this. Flax you say? Maybe I should try it? I've never had this problem before...VERY frustrating!!!!
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I can't have Fiber One either....makes me too gassy and bloated. *sigh* They are yummy though.

And I've actually been having a problem of my own which I didn't have last time I was following MFP. I haven't be able to...um...go to the restroom for like the past 2 days. And I'm now up a little on the scale which I think is due to this. Flax you say? Maybe I should try it? I've never had this problem before...VERY frustrating!!!!

Another thing you could try is Colon Clenz. It is a natural pill that you can take every night before bed and it helps to make you regular:wink: I buy it at Wal-mart, but I'm sure it can be found other places.