Net goals work?!?

Options
Ok so I guess I am confusing myself by listening to too many people...How many of you have had great success by eating back your calories so your net equals your goal? Also how many of you have found more success taking another route?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have had my goal set to 1lb a week most of the 3 months I've used this site. For a little while I had it on 0.5 a week because I was really hungry for a while!

When I eat close to my goal in calories (yep, eating the exercise calories, matching my net goal!) I lose the weight that the site suggests I'll lose.

On the few days or the couple weeks where I eat way less than my goal, I don't lose as much (or at all).
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Ok that makes a little more sense...but are you and exerciser? I am but i don't do anything too intense.
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Ok that makes a little more sense...but are you and exerciser? I am but i don't do anything too intense.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    someone else just posted something similiar in the bulletins, it was called like "does this work" or something like that... the first reply i think u will identify with and get the answers u seak.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yup, I eat them, and I'm losing consistently each week.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    in the year i have been counting calories my net is never 1200 after exercise usally around 800 or 900.Ive lost 50 pounds.Ive never hit a plateau.I exercise 6 days a week for 30 minutes to 90 minutes
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The first 2.5 months I exercised 3 days a week, sometimes not at all. Since my calorie goal was set to 1400 or higher, it wasn't hard to stay under for me. These past couple weeks I have worked out at least 4 days a week, and daily since 03/15. I love feeling like I am getting stronger, so I love to exercise =)