ANYONE HERE FROM WW POINTSPLUS?

Options
rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
Hello all. I read about this site on the WW site and had to check it out. WOW, very impressive!!

I am doing PP+ and have lost 4.5 pounds in 5 weeks~well within the normal rate of loss.

Recently there was an "essay post" from a longtime member on how or why PointsPlus might not "work" for everyone. It mentioned that if PP is not that far off from your normal diet you may not see the most stellar results.

It also mentioned that the number of Points given now is higher and may actually be too high for certain individuals to lose on.

It was suggested to track calories and see how you compare. So that's how I got here.

I would love to hear from any other WW members who are also tracking calories and how you're doing.

I am 5'0" and weigh 206.5 so have a long way to go. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Rosie

Replies

• PaulaBy
    PaulaBy Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Rosie,
    I was tracking points and figured out that 1 pt equals about 50 calories. I did great with WW a couple of years ago and do fine if I track my food. My son introduced me to this site and I love it. The calories this site calculated for me was 1200 calories per day which is about equal to the 24 WW points. I am not familiar with the Points plus system. Our weights are similar and I am 60.
  • dhgualandri
    Options
    Hi,

I just started tracking my calories on the website and I am very impressed. I have been on the WW PP+ program since they changed over and have only lost a pound. I up my exercise to an 1 hour a day and still did not lose. So I am also tracking my calories through this website and keeping track of my points (the old system) and see how they compare. Good luck please let me know how it works for you.

Denise
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I am a weight watcher lifetime member. I just learned the new program, but I'm thinking this site is more easy to use and manage for me rather than points right now...
  • ladyshills
    Options
    I started weight watchers in July 2010 on the Momentum program. Lost 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months. Then when they changed it to Points Plus I plateaued like nobodys business. 12 days ago I found this site & have lost 5 pounds since then. The points plus program where you aren't counting fruit is more calories for me since I ate alot of fruit on the old program but counted it. I like this site so much better that I gave up WW when my month ran out.
  • jennalicia
    jennalicia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also moved over from P+ a couple days ago. Likely because I saw the same post as you! I felt like the P+ program was too much food, I was eating more than I really needed (even though now WW is recommending to only eat to satisfaction and you're no longer required to eat all your daily pts).

I've been tracking on both sites for a couple days now, I still have a month or so left in my membership.Those calories from even a modest amount of fruit and veggies sure do add up! I'm not surprised that some people are finding they aren't losing on the new program. I'd bet I was easily eating 500+ calories more per day on P+, not including the additional 49 per week. I haven't weighed in since starting on mfp, I'll have to wait and see.

In any case, it'd be interesting to compare how your diet measures up on P+ vs. on this site; calorie & nutrient-wise. I also find this has a greater variety of food, so much easier to track!
  • catd62
    catd62 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am also doing pointsplus but I decided to join this site to see how much it made a difference in my weight loss. This completes my first week doing MFP and tomorrow is my offical weigh in for both weight watchers and MFP. I do know that since last week on my home scale I was at 200 and today I was at 197. I started on WW back in April of 2010 and to date I have lost 63 lbs. I know this plan works so I dont ever intend to stop doing WW but doing this site will definitely help too.
  • ladyshills
    Options
    Thought I would update you guys since today was my weigh in. 2 weeks on MFP... 6.2 pounds off! This after a 4 month plateau on WW using PP. Also switched back to old WW plan but I stop at either 19 points or 1200 calories (whichever comes first).