Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Grrr...I messed up!

laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So after almost a month of not smoking or drinking, I decided that I'd have a few drinks...bad idea. I smoked :( I'm not smoking today or anything, I just slipped up b/c I got drunk :( I'm leaving my ticker up the way it is though lol
:heart: I hope everyone has been doing good and I miss u guys! Busy busy busy, ya know how it goes.

Replies

• laurenk182004
    So after almost a month of not smoking or drinking, I decided that I'd have a few drinks...bad idea. I smoked :( I'm not smoking today or anything, I just slipped up b/c I got drunk :( I'm leaving my ticker up the way it is though lol
    :heart: I hope everyone has been doing good and I miss u guys! Busy busy busy, ya know how it goes.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    oh hunny..

miss you too

step away from the cigs... lol
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Don't forget you are only human. I smoke a few packs a year. Only when I get stressed . It's weird I can go months and months without smoking then I have to have a pack. Keep up with what your doing.:flowerforyou:
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Me too I am a stress smoker.....sux
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    I drink probably about 3 times per week where I have about three drinks each time....I just budget the cals...I smoke too which I know is bad...probably 10 cigs per day. Wow... I sound unhealthy, but I do make it to the gym 5 times per week...I cannot go on a diet and give everything up...don't beat yourself up we are all only human!:devil:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    I"m a professional quitter!! That means that I've quit a number of times in my life (this time being the last). So I'm well practiced; and that's what you will become! It takes practice, this quitting stuff. We're human, and we have weaknesses. :grumble: Faltering is normal.
    :smile: Today is a new day, and so is tomorrow! NO need to change that ticker. Your heart is in it, your flesh is finicky. Give yourself a pat on the back for your effort. Beating yourself half to death for the slip is unproductive.

Besides using the patch this time (again), my personal deterrent was this; when I got the urge to give up and light up that cigarette, I put my hand over my heart and had a conversation with myself :

"I only have one of these, and I have to make it last. Smoking does not support that mission."

It worked for me.
  • laurenk182004
    Thanks everyone for your support! :) I really should know better than to drink, it has messed up my quitting smoking b4. Just plain ole stupid! Anywho, I am not going to smoke ANYMORE! My Uncle Charlie just had his voicebox removed and breathes through a hole in his neck from throat cancer. He's lucky to be alive. My father died from alcoholism and had emphasyma and here I am drinking and smoking..how dumb!?? Anyways, today is a new day and yet another fresh start. Wish me luck! :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    I believe that some people just don't understand. I grew in a household where both my parents smoked and my dad drinks.

My mom has the beginning of emphazema and my father just suffered his first heartache at 45(I say first because my grandpa was a smoker and a drinker he didn't stop either contrary of being told too, he died of his 8th massive heart attack)

My soon to be ex husband's dad is a rageing alcholic it cost him his marriage the respect of his two sons, you would think that would keep my ex away from alcohol seeing his father that way and his brother who is 21 out of rehab not too long ago from drinking he already has a dui.......but nope since we filed for divorce he started drinking more not enough to interfere with anything else though but still.

Me, I drink maybe one drink at a special occassion and haven't touched a cigarette since I was 19 and don't plan on it. I believe sometimes people don't realize it will affect them so badly.

It's ok darlin we are only human. I still love you and I know you will overcome
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Don't worry, I have quit for 5 months, but a couple of weekends ago, I cheated and had one, I haven't had one since! Smoking and drinking go hand in hand for me, so I just make sure I'm extra careful. Sometimes I just roll a piece of paper up and pretend it's a smoke, sometimes it really helps. Don't be too hard on yourself, I know you'll get right back on track!! I'd leave your tracker alone also!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.