Carbs Carbs Carbs!

Options
Gwooh
Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
To many Carbs! Any suggestions? I'm trying to swtich over to more whole foods...but everything is loaded with carbs!

Replies

• kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey. I am new at this but I am feeling the same way. I am trying to figure out what to eat and I am getting fusterated. I have 300 left for the night and I can't really have any carbs or protein anymore tonight because then I will be way over. I am like 3 over right now in each. I am still trying to figure out what to eat and when. Sorry I am not much help
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Cornbeef and cabbage, and spice up the cabbage a little, almost no carbs but filling. Strawberries are good.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I'm on a carb cycle and today is low carb day. So far I have 50g of carbs in me and eating my last meal right now. All my food is whey protein, peanut butter and meats and tuna.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If you aim to get at least half your body weight in protein grams each day, the carb problems sorts itself out pretty easily as you'll be too stuffed to chase down carbs!
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think I do pretty good in the carbs dept, just not the sugar and sodium depts. My diary is open if you want to look at it, not that is very helpful in the other categories though.
  • herbalgirl011
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have felt the same way. What I have found is counting carbs is not such a good idea. Being a diabetic having to count carbs to stabilize blood sugars I've learned that a lot of low carb/sugar free foods have high calories. However if you do switch to more whole grains and keep up your exercise routine the carbs that come from the whole grains will cancel out. Most of the carbs in whole foods come from the fiber.
    So hang in there and good luck. We need carbs :0)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I'm in the reverse position. I don't tend to eat a lot of carbs anyway and I find myself going over on protein almost everyday. I have been on for almost 3 weeks and haven't been overly concerned w/ anything but overall calories and I have lost 6 lbs. Since I'm losing weight, I'm not gonna sweat the small stuff :wink:
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb. Tuna, Fish, Shrimp, Cabbage, Strawberries. I also do eat most meats.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Just eat some protein then. Generalisation here but it's pretty damn hard to put on fat from eating too much protein. If you are on MFP ratios for macro's do not worry about going over on that at all. :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too - I am vegetarian so it is hard for me to eat protein as easily - There are only so many eggs a girls can have. And as a result a lot of my meals are carb loaded - am trying to work out some ways around this at the moment!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of colorful vegetables now because they're complex carbs, as opposed to all the "simple sugars" I was used to eating...I usually eat brown rice or wheat tortillas for carbs now, but won't completely cut carbs out...
  • Gwooh
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. My food list is open if anyone wants to look over it. My issue is lately...I have been repulsed by meat. I am still able to get down seafood, but the smell of chicken and turkey cooking has just about made me sick. I have never been much of a red meat eater...and I can't stand eggs (although I try to put them in my diet for bfast everyone in a while).

I have switched over to Kashi cereal high protein, but the carbs are killer...I think I may try the high protein pancake again...the taste was okay but the texture was awful I couldn't get it down. For lunches I ALWAYS have a protein--weather its can tuna or chicken with a high protein yogurt or some type of fruit. Dinner is rounded out with a lean meat and a veggie or sweet potato.

I just can not wrap my hands around a higher protein diet…maybe I should just go to whole foods like fruits and veggies with a lean piece of meat here and there?
  • Gwooh
    Options
    Or maybe I should add a protein shake?