Hola!

nelagins
nelagins Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am fairly new to this site. I've been doing this for about a month. I've lost 8.5 lbs since beginning (actually 13 if you count re-losing the 5lbs I gained on a trip to Texas). But I'm really digging this calorie counter! Makes me more accountable for the things I put in my mouth. I'm not afraid of carbs anymore because I'm actually choosing the good ones!

I just started reading the boards and was really touched by the friendliness and support you all put out there. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, which causes insulin resistance. So I am on Metformin, and I had to change my eating habits altogether. At the same time, nutrition became more and more important. I now understand a lot more about my body, especially the yo-yoing weight and my inability to get pregnant.

I'm finally hopeful.

Replies

• nelagins
    nelagins Posts: 9
    I am fairly new to this site. I've been doing this for about a month. I've lost 8.5 lbs since beginning (actually 13 if you count re-losing the 5lbs I gained on a trip to Texas). But I'm really digging this calorie counter! Makes me more accountable for the things I put in my mouth. I'm not afraid of carbs anymore because I'm actually choosing the good ones!

I just started reading the boards and was really touched by the friendliness and support you all put out there. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, which causes insulin resistance. So I am on Metformin, and I had to change my eating habits altogether. At the same time, nutrition became more and more important. I now understand a lot more about my body, especially the yo-yoing weight and my inability to get pregnant.

I'm finally hopeful.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Congratulations on your success so far! Keep it up, and Good luck!
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Yay and good luck...keep up the good work....
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Hey there! Glad to have you here!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Hi welcome to our family

Can't wait for you to drive in to the post and we can get to know you better

congrads on the lost weight
This discussion has been closed.