Those days where you just want to eat anything in sight...

Options
Does anyone else ever get those days where you just want to not stop snacking? You know, a snack bar here, a pack of gushers here; you just can't stop. Does anyone have a good method of taking care of this? It's just so hard not to snack on days where you are craving everything and then you end up going over your calories...
Thanks for the help! :happy:

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That sounds like everyday of my life! Snacking and watching tv go hand in hand in my world, but I am learning to grab a large glass of water when I feel like snacking. Most times this will fill me up.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have those days a lot. One good remedy is those 100-calorie bags of popcorn. If you eat it really slowly, one kernel at a time, it can last you quite a while. I also just resign myself to doing extra cardio on those days.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I know those days. I found that for me this happens in particular if i let too much time go by between breakfast and lunch, If I have it a few hours later than normal, I go right into overdrive from lunch to snack to another snack to dinner plus after snack. For me it works if I make sure I time my meals so a: I do not get overly hungry in between and then become ravenous. Also frequent water and even doing some shorter exercise tends to curb those crazy cravings for food, esp. simple starches for me.
  • Roukie
    Roukie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of those days last week and it's hard. I actually had one of my kids Fruit Roll Ups, it was only 50 calories but man did it ever hit the spot!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree on the 100 cal popcorn, I love it with some seasoning on top. Water helps too, and I also try to get up and workout or move around and get my mind off of food! Doesnt always work though...I have days where alllll I can think about it how good that chocolate bar would be!! MMMMMM.... You arent in this alone, chica!
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    I was once told that your body is still wanting snacks because you aren't getting the proper nutrients it is craving... Try having something with protein as a snack I find a piece of bread with some peanut butter works great with a glass of water. Good Luck
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My rescue is a hard boiled egg and an orange. A little protein, a little carb and a little fat. I keep a bowl of hb eggs in the refrigerator. It will get me through to the next meal for 150 calories.
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone... However I did snack and I'm 106 calories over so it looks like a late night trip to the gym is in order.
    :)
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't a permanent solution but it's very useful to those who want to use it like myself. I've been using the OxyElite Pro pills ever since I started using MFP and I have not been hungry this entire month. It's absolutely fantastic and as long as you use them as instructed there are only positive results. I never crave food like I always would and have even stopped drinking my daily beer that I used to have with dinner. Crazy huh?