Going over calories...

Options
Today I went over about 57 calories... Normally, I'm a little bit under my calories or just right... How much will this derail my efforts? What are your experiences with going over?

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    57 calories is less than 2% of 1 pound. In the grand scheme of things not a big deal ;) MFP already has a deficit built in so it won't make a difference big enough that you'll notice.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think it's not enough to fret about, especially if you are under sometimes!
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Going over 50 cals is not a big deal once in a while. I try to stay 50 calories above or below my target each day. The way I look at it, there is NO WAY the calories burned for exercise are dead on, unless you are on a gym machine. So, 50 calories either way won't hurt at all. I joined Jan. 1, and have lost 21 1/2 pounds.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    It probably won't as long as you don't make a habit of it. I went over by almost 200 cals one day last week and still ended up with a loss.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My calories are set for 1200 and I usually go over by 10-250 calories; I've been losing just fine. Granted the weight loss has slowed down at this point but I am assuming it is because I am close to goal.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    zero point zero %
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is nothing to worry about!
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Won't matter much at all. Say you're trying to lose 1 lb/week, there's a 500 calorie deficit built in. Thus, if you went 500 calories over your "goal," then you would be hitting your maintenance calories and wouldn't gain or lose anything in theory. Going over the goal by less than 100 will have almost no impact on the pace.
  • LetsDoThis103
    Options
    thanks, everyone!