What do you eat for protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    THANKS!! these are GREAT suggestions!! The people who run my gym are always telling me, make sure you eat protein at every meal and with every snack, so THANKS these are AWESOME options!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt, chicken, hard boiled eggs, and tuna
  • legend1973
    Options
    Optimum Classic Whey Protien Double Chocolate.

Twice a day!
  • drowningsea
    Options
    I eat special k protein snack bars. They only have 4 grams though so it's not a super great choice I suppose but I like them. I'm probably going to start pairing it with some cheese or nuts though.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Need protein, take a big'ol bite out of a fat juicy steak,,,,,,, man it doens't get any better than that.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs, tuna and boneless skinless chicken breasts...one thing to remember about protein is it will boost your testosteron and can break out your skin and since you are in need on 8 servings of water a day it can also make you retain this water, I make sure to work in some type of exercise each day! Nuts are good they also have oils protein shakes can make you retain fluids

Cholesterol is the building block for testosterone, not protein. Also, sodium and carbohydrates make you retain water, not protein.

Thank you!! I hate when someone thinks protein does stuff like that!!
  • Moobiez
    Moobiez Posts: 14
    Options
    I tend to get my protein from wherever and whenever I can. I have a long term goal of some small time bodybuilding so I take It in groves if possible.

Whey Protein is your best bet. Make a great protein shake with banana skim milk and peanut butter. It doesn't get any better then that,
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    String cheese. Almonds. Eggs. I eat lots of eggs :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, hardboiled egg, snack size flavored tuna and crackers.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    2% cheddar cheese (eaten with apples, pears or crackers usually), pb and crackers, apple or banana, leftover chicken tenderloin from supper, hard boiled eggs, string cheese
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I make a whey protein shake as a meal replacer with almond milk, strawberries, and banana and some pulverized almonds, I guess I am looking more for like, if I eat say, an apple, I am supposed to eat something with protein too right?