Healthy Cooks on TV

Options
Mangoaddict
Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
I think Paula Deen cooks in way too much fat for my liking. I was wondering if there are any cooks out there on tv that actually cook healthy and have good recipes. I like Ellie Krieger (from food network). She has decent recipes. Any other good and "health" conscious cooks/chefs out there?

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Options
    I think Paula Deen cooks in way too much fat for my liking. I was wondering if there are any cooks out there on tv that actually cook healthy and have good recipes. I like Ellie Krieger (from food network). She has decent recipes. Any other good and "health" conscious cooks/chefs out there?
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    jamie oliver!!!
    most definitely

if you can your hands on it watch his show "Eat to save your life" i watched it with my parentals back home it was very good
    they basically compare and show you stuff, mainly so that you'll change your ways and eat a healthier diet and what a unhealthy diet is doing to your body (i suppose this is where i should warn you though, they do an autopsy on it where they compare a 25 stone man (i have no idea what that is in kgs) to a healthy man... theres a hell of a difference)

i was on this site before seeing and it really shocked me and made me glad i decided to change
    seeing it really was an eye opener, as my parents and the people said on the show
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Just check out some of Giadas recipes. Not all are healthy but some of them are. There was this "Spa Day" theme and she cooked all this great, healthy and yummy looking food! I keep meaning to try it.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    A Lyon in the Kitchen:
    http://health.discovery.com/fansites/nathan-lyon/nathan-lyon.html

Healthy Decadence with Devin Alexander
    http://health.discovery.com/fansites/devin-alexander/devin-alexander.html

The sites have times, and the recipies off the show. Yummy stuff :)
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Rachel Ray and Giada de Laurentiis are pretty healthy; however, sometimes they do go overboard.
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's on anymore or not, but "Calorie Commado" was pretty good. I know you can still get the recipes off of www.foodnetwork.com. He takes normal favorite dishes and makes them a lot healthier and lower in calories than the original. I've tried several of his dishes; they're pretty good.
  • auranda
    auranda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Food Network's Healthy Living with Ellie Krieger. It is great!
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    I love Ellie kreiger!!!!!!!
  • 612gemini
    612gemini Posts: 37
    Options
    I agree with msarro, I love Devin Alexander's show Healthy Indulgence on Discovery Health. She has an amazing enchilada recipe! I am a sucker for mexican food!