New to MyFitnessPal

Options
Hi! I'm new to this site but not to the struggle of trying to lose weight and get in shape. A couple of my friends use this site with great success, so I thought I'd give it a try!

:smile:

Replies

• rina62
    rina62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i'm new too - a bunch of my coworkers are using this site and have been successful. i haven't told them i've joined this site yet. i'm still learning the site and figuring out what it does. i'm excited though
  • bwneau
    bwneau Posts: 14
    Options
    It's a great site. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Like yourselves my coworker put me on to this site, It's been about two weeks, weight loss is slow but I have been losing and I'm still happy and motivated to continue.
  • Lazr1430
    Lazr1430 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think you will find this site extremely helpful.. Log EVERYTHING you eat! You will soon learn what things you eat that have more calories than you thought. I found there were t hings I thought were "healthy" but the number of calories they contained was really surprising to me. I now make different choices, and the result for me has been losing about 1 pound a week. and I don't feel deprived! I make different choices.. sometimes I chose a different food entirely, sometimes a make a different "portion size" decision. I plan ahead for occasions where I anticipate more difficult choices, so that the whole day isn't loaded with calories. For the first time, I feel like I have a grip on managing my weight!
  • Cleezer
    Cleezer Posts: 6
    Options
    I am kind of new. I have been using the app on my phone for about 2 weeks. I was amazed at the amount of calories I was eating every day. And I eat pretty healthy, it was more of a portion control problem for me. And I now exercise nearly every day, I love getting the extra calories added!! :)
  • Zamgirl
    Zamgirl Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I'm new(ish) too, after a false start a couple of weeks ago. I live in a pretty isolated place where's there's not much food choice and no support so could really use some online friends! How do I get the tool that shows amount of weight lost that people have at the bottom of their posts?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! and good luck :)
  • karensharley
    Options
    Hi and Welcome,

I to am new and love it here, I'm still learning to change my bad habits and learn to take care of me!! Its all about portion's and finding the time to take care of yourself!!
    I welcome all the support I can get!! So feel free to contact me.

Good Luck,
    Karen
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    welcome to MFP........

GOOD LUCK WITH IT.....
  • HeathyHabitGirl
    Options
    SO happy to see you here !
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm new too...been using MFP for almost 2 weeks. I've lost 3 pounds in 10 days. Logging all my food has really made me see what the calorie content of alot of foods I was eating really was. Quite the eye opener. I already am making new and better choices. This site also has alot of supportive people that are very helpful. Just stick with it and I think it will be a great benefit to you.
    ~~I'll send you a friend request.....Good luck with you weight loss journey!! :happy: