NEW LIVING LOW CARB GROUP - ANYONE WANNA JOIN?

Options
Ok all, I miss all my LLC-ers, went to the site and no one has been there in a month or so. I will commit to keep things going if you all commit to coming in too......so lets get started today....what do you say?

Lets keep each other motivated and going......we all know that living low carb has its ups and downs just like counting cals or eating clean or low fat.....the list goes on.....why don't we all start by adding some of the challenges that you may be facing this week, month, year.....see if we can't help each other out.
I will post a separate post to get things going.......

Happy Low Carbing Y'all :flowerforyou:

Replies

• _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    Yes!

I miss Lucky Charms - and no, I am not 7 years old...
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    Count me in....

I need low carb recipes that have more than two ingredients (meat & cheese) I want well rounded recipes that have lots of veggies. That is my struggle.
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    :happy:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Lazy days......for some reason those are the days I wanna snack.....and instead of grabbing something good I go for a PB&J and you ask why I have bread in the house....some how I manage to "allow" it in case of...........................................you guessed it

A LAZY FLIPPIN DAY!

So I am gonna go and purge the cupboards tomorrow.....GETTING ALL THE CARBS OUTA THE HOUSE.....again......phewy
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Count me in....

I need low carb recipes that have more than two ingredients (meat & cheese) I want well rounded recipes that have lots of veggies. That is my struggle.

OH YAY......

I have a couple.....

Will post right now
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Some of the Low Carb recipes I make at home.....beware I am a cupboard cook and these are done in Smidginese....a smidge of this and a smidge of that...use your judgment. I put how many carbs are in them... this is a guesstimate, but I guarantee they are low carb

For those wondering here are some acceptable veggies...which I very rarely include in my over all carb count cause they are natural foods.

Brussel Sprouts
    Green Beans
    Peas
    Cauliflower
    Broccoli
    Tomatoes
    Avacado
    Bell Peppers
    Salad stuff (Mushrooms, onions, cucumbers)
    Squash
    pickles

Taco salad....YUM... 8 g Carbs
    We do 1/2 turkey and 1/2 beef......taco seasonings ( get the lowest carb packet you can find)
    Bell Peppers - I buy frozen bell peppers (green, red, yellow and orange) already sliced put in to cook with the meat
    Tomatoes
    Sour Cream
    Cilantro
    Avacado
    and I brown with Pam spray or oil a Low Carb wrap and tear or cut into triangles
    1 cup of any type of lettuce you may want
    Wholla Taco Salad

Spaghetti.....minus the Spaghetti.........5g Carbs

We do the same 1/2 turkey 1/2 beef, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, squash in lowest carb sauce you can find (ragu im a can is the least I have found at 7grams) and put it over asparagus spears or chicken

PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PIZZA (Our all time FAVORITE!!!!!!!!) 7g Carbs

Get large Portobello Mushrooms wash them and thourghly dry them, pull center stems.
    Put a layer of Mozerella in them (not too much, more cheese coming)
    dice bell peppers, tomatoes, Garlic, pepperoni or sausage or BOTH :tongue: Put a spoon full of spaghetti sauce over that, then put parmesian cheese and more mozzerella over the top and bake....best if you bake for about 20 mins at 350 and then kick on the broil to simmer out the juices.....may take a bit to master but MMMMMMMMM good.
    Side dish with a salad....perfecto

MEATLOAF MUFFINS - 4g carbs
    Get standard size muffin pan
    1/2 turkey 1/2 beef (2 lbs total)
    1 egg
    Garlic
    Chopped Tomatoes
    Worcheshire sauce....by dash...hehehe, spill or two
    I put a small dab of BBQ sauce or Ketchup on top...beware they have carbs
    or use your grandma's recipe ommiting any bread crumbs or oatmeal
    Fill the Muffin Pans tight to the top of cups
    bake on 350 for 20 mins and check
    there will be alot of grease....and your muffins will shrink....thats why we do 2 lbs of meat.....
    when done serve with you favorite Veggie and a salad
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I was planning on trying the portabella pizza. I saw a recipe on another site. So, you've peaked my interest for that for sure!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I was planning on trying the portabella pizza. I saw a recipe on another site. So, you've peaked my interest for that for sure!

This is my Hubby's favorite, just be sure to drain your meats real well and dry your mushrooms real good or they get too soggy and hard to eat...or messy I should say :oP. They are yummy and filling :)
  • SadieAnnL
    SadieAnnL Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there, am new to this site in general, but am also trying to do the low carb thing ;) My diet consists of breakfast: 1 cup low fat joghurt, 1 cup fruit salad, seeds and one corn thin crumbled in.
    Lunch and dinner : protein with salad and/or veg with 2 crackers per meal. Tried this a year ago and it worked, but have since slowly gained the weight since then - hence the re-try!!!!
    Would be great to have some input/comments/ideas. and to just keep chatting to motivate myself and anyone else that needs motivation..... :)
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Hey there....just checkin in with ya all........just got in from work and I am BEAT.....yup, no food all day and near nothing to drink.....Sassie officially broke her own promise....better luck tomorrow :)
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Ok....I hear crickets...where are all my LLC friends? Are we someplace else getting support...if so I missed that memo...I wanna come.

I am off today and working my tush off on hubby's new biz and my old business.....which I might add makes that 3 businesses going in my home....and I am the Biz Manager for all.

So the weather is gorgeous, gonna drink my water, have my Vits, eat some food, get in a walk this afternoon with my walking buddy and see how the day moves along.

Hope you are all well......check in with you later
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I am here...........where are you all?????? 5lbs off day 4 of induction......**crickets chirp**