Drinking water.. what does it do?

Options
Does drinking 8 glasses of water really help you lose weight? I try to drink that much, before 2 PM, so i am not up all night.. I chug 2 cups at a time, to get it over with.... I don't like drinking water, I also drink crystal light lemonade.... try to stay away from soda...
maybe 1 a day, better than what I used to do.
OPINIONS???

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    It keeps you hydrated, flushes the system out and can aid in keeping you feeling full.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Filtres out the toxins in your system, especially if you are working out.
    Keeps uric acid and lactic acid from building up in your system.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Muscle is comprised of 70-75% water.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Drinking water keeps the headaches away. I had chronic headaches often, 6-8 a day, sometimes more. Not anymore. As one of the many signs of dehydration, is acute-on-chronic headaches, especially if you never drink water.
  • francinev97
    Options
    googled this:

Water is the number one most important thing to address when it comes to losing weight, because water actually increases your body's ability to metabolize fat. Here's how:

Your liver is the organ that deals with metabolizing fat, and your kidneys deal with straining the toxins out of the water you drink. However, if you do not have enough water in your system already, your kidneys will not be able to do their job. In this case, your body shifts some of the work over to your liver.

We all know what happens when we are working on a project and someone comes over and dumps their half-finished work on the pile; our project doesn't get the attention it needs. Same here. Your liver was dealing with fat, but now it has to do that AND deal with the extra filtering that the kidneys would normally do. So the efficiency of the liver is compromised, and it winds up leaving a lt of fat in your body that normally would have been burned away.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Does drinking 8 glasses of water really help you lose weight? I try to drink that much, before 2 PM, so i am not up all night.. I chug 2 cups at a time, to get it over with.... I don't like drinking water, I also drink crystal light lemonade.... try to stay away from soda...
    maybe 1 a day, better than what I used to do.
    OPINIONS???

You don't have to start there, but you will get there eventually. I'm up to about 3 liters and change. I buy those little lime bottles at Walmart and squirt a little in each time. Water flushes out salt and toxins and helps repair muscle tissue. Do you know how much toxin is trapped in fat cells???

You can count everything towards water except alcohol, I hear, because it dehydrates you. My shake counts as 2 glasses.

=o]
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Of you don't drink enough your body will retain more fluid. When you drink got body releases it cuz its getting it. It good for your skin, if you drink it with ice your body burns cals to heat it before it can be digested and is a natural appetite suppresant.
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    googled this:

Water is the number one most important thing to address when it comes to losing weight, because water actually increases your body's ability to metabolize fat. Here's how:

Your liver is the organ that deals with metabolizing fat, and your kidneys deal with straining the toxins out of the water you drink. However, if you do not have enough water in your system already, your kidneys will not be able to do their job. In this case, your body shifts some of the work over to your liver.

We all know what happens when we are working on a project and someone comes over and dumps their half-finished work on the pile; our project doesn't get the attention it needs. Same here. Your liver was dealing with fat, but now it has to do that AND deal with the extra filtering that the kidneys would normally do. So the efficiency of the liver is compromised, and it winds up leaving a lt of fat in your body that normally would have been burned away.

Brings good insight. TY!
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Thanks for all the input... I am trying to drink 8 glasses of water, besides whatever else I drink, and do it before 2 pm, so I am not up all night... hope that the weight starts coming off.... so I can move my icon so it says SOMETHING LOST!!!!