Hello

laceyholyoak
laceyholyoak Posts: 1
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
I just started thanks to my big sister! It's hard for me to continuously keep track of the calories I consume, so I'm hoping this will help!
I am dedicated to losing some weight and feeling healthy! My friend recently asked me to be a bridesmaid for her wedding this summer, so there is some incentive!

If I had any questions they would be: What do you guys use to stay motivated? Speaking generally, I tend to reward myself with food! While it's a delicious option, I know I need to leave the junk food behind and get motivated by something else! What other ideas for motivation are out there?

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    You know what motivates me... the positive feedback from my friends here at MFP!
    I always post my planned exercise and if I dont stick to it I get a butt kicking -- and when I do ... I get a pat on the back.
    Its very powerful I think... how can I help to motivate you?
  • In general my motivation is my girlfriend telling me I'd look really good. That's enough most of the times.

But rewarding myself with food is something that I also do from times to times and I don't think it is wrong. I would die if I couldn't eat a piece of chocolate or some ice cream every now and then. So I don't think you should stop completely with it as long as you control the amount you're eating.
This discussion has been closed.