Help needed figuring out exercise

shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Hi Guys! Coucou24.gif

So, I'm heading back home tonight but have managed after all to get in some exercise here where I've been for a couple days.

But I need help figuring out how to enter it!

I found out they have this old wooden floor basketball gym, so I went down there thinking I'd walk around it. But I found a soccer ball there, so I decided to walk and kick that.

BUT--what I ended up doing instead was standing about 20-30 feet from a wall and kicking the soccer ball against the wall over and over. I was pretty much moving the whole time--which I spent 45 minutes doing this--and several times I missed, so had to run after it down the court! :tongue:

soccer_3.gif

SO--what can I call that? Soccer? Handball??? WHAT??

I was sweating big time afterwards and feel like I had a good work out.

Oh, and it was FUN! It was the first time I've kicked a soccer ball since I played on a team when I was 13--32 years ago! e021.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    Hi Guys! Coucou24.gif

So, I'm heading back home tonight but have managed after all to get in some exercise here where I've been for a couple days.

But I need help figuring out how to enter it!

I found out they have this old wooden floor basketball gym, so I went down there thinking I'd walk around it. But I found a soccer ball there, so I decided to walk and kick that.

BUT--what I ended up doing instead was standing about 20-30 feet from a wall and kicking the soccer ball against the wall over and over. I was pretty much moving the whole time--which I spent 45 minutes doing this--and several times I missed, so had to run after it down the court! :tongue:

soccer_3.gif

SO--what can I call that? Soccer? Handball??? WHAT??

I was sweating big time afterwards and feel like I had a good work out.

Oh, and it was FUN! It was the first time I've kicked a soccer ball since I played on a team when I was 13--32 years ago! e021.gif
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    hmmmm, kinda sounds like a mix between both. Maybe you could look up soccer and handball and take the difference of the two.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

Have a great day!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I would say just general cardio for the time spent kickin'!
  • shorerider
    Well, I went with "Soccer--general-casual" as the others came back with high calories burned. That came back with 500, so that sounds better.

I tell you what, though, I've got muscles hurting right now that I haven't felt in many years! I can't believe how that little bit got some major muscles going! I might have to invest in a soccer ball and find a good wall at the house!