suggestions please

Options
i keep going over my sugar and protein levels, sometimes a little sometimes a lot and i know it all adds up at the end of the week
also i need to up my fibre a little bit

any suggestions to help either of these two problems?
like what type of foods can help
i really think its about time i add some new foods to my diet instead of just buying the same thing all the time, so any random things you think of is much appreciated

thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i keep going over my sugar and protein levels, sometimes a little sometimes a lot and i know it all adds up at the end of the week
    also i need to up my fibre a little bit

any suggestions to help either of these two problems?
    like what type of foods can help
    i really think its about time i add some new foods to my diet instead of just buying the same thing all the time, so any random things you think of is much appreciated

thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Some things to note:
    - Sugar in fruits is WAY better then processed sugars because they don't spike the blood stream and take longer to metabolize.
    - Fruit also contans lots o fiber (along with all the other good stuff) so chow down on the fruit.
    - The protein recommendation on MFP is drastically low. I wouldn't worry if you go over it by even 10%
    the only way under 20% protein is too much (MFP recommends 16% for some reason) is if you don't
    work out at all, and even then, it's not harmful.
    - Write up your food plan for a whole week, I usually write up 3 or 4 full day food plans, then when I shop, I know how much to buy. Plus, if you write up a couple, you can choose between them for a little variety.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Ditto to what Banks said....

plus - buy some Fiber One cereal or bars to supplement the fiber you get from the fruit.
  • countrygrl
    Options
    hi there you know you can make your own protein shake at home.. use a blender and get some milk,strawberries,bananas and ice and there really good .. my husband got me hooked on those and
    there actually real good for you...keep up the good work...

shelly
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    I agree that the protein numbers are low. I usually go over, too. But if you're looking to keep those sugars and fiber in check then fruits are great but so are vegetables. Any green, non-starch (like peas or corn) is great. I am a big advocate for nuts. Not more than 2 tablespoons at a time. Good protein, good fats (mono-unsaturated), high cal to give you enough sustainable energy for the day.

good luck!