A slightly gross sinus question...

Options
Hey!

Slightly gross question, but here we go. Does anybody know any quick and easy way to clear your sinuses out? I've got the back end of an infection, which has resulted from too much drinking over the weekend. Got a bit run down. So now I am rather gooey!

So if anyone knows how to clear your sinuses quickly and effectively, it would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• zydratethief
    Options
    wkbKgu2Ly2zFRcmb74JKNt4l1Uc8drSm5eTQDjjXRTbfg-8J2cvT7jztvKquJKz6JcrCaiHoteExNaYb4oJ6Yk9SxCIcOtfkb4P474lf0b-OY4SfnSmGZIb_qRtXaeYnGTWSUTEzbemJ9pIoxW-bnAzCF_9BRw

works like a charm! Stocked at all boots and good pharmacies (Personally id try the one infront of aldgate or the one in Liverpool street station!)
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Airwaves gum, doesnt help get rid but helps clear for a quick fix :)
  • arogers28
    Options
    Put you head over a bowl of hot steamy water and put a few drops of olbas oil in - its the only thing that works and clears them for good! :-)
  • joannamb
    joannamb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    go and get a sinus wash kit from the pharmacy... you squirt sterile salted solution up one nostril, it goes around sinuses and comes out the other nostril... marvelous really.. and slightly gross!
    close your throat as if you're gargling water... it stops it from trickling down the back of your throat (tastes awful).
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Neti pot....sold at drugstores.
  • daddio3
    daddio3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had a sinus infection last spring that started with a night of too much drinking, blew off the infection, thought it was a cold, it lasted two monthsand tried all kinds of meds which were prescribed to kick it. If you don't treat it right away it will build up to sinusits. I finally kicked it with a round of Prednisone (nasal steroid) and Nasonex. I think I tried three different sinus/allergy meds before the Prednisone which worked like a charm.
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Dr's love neti pots, they really keep your sinuses clear.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Neti pot or the squeeze bottle rinse...wash all the goop out.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Straight guaifenesin. Also generically called "Tussin". It will loosen all that congestion up so that it can get out.

If you do have an infection, don't take a decongestant or antihistamine that will dry you up, just look at things that say 'expectorant'.
  • HeidiM78
    HeidiM78 Posts: 58
    Options
    Salt water up your nose and out your mouth will clear it.