MFP Runners Club - July 23

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
I cannot believe I have to say this.....I did nothing yesterday. Missed my Body Pump class and then Aunt Flo came knocking while I was at the library with the kids :grumble: Couldn't even manage to get on the treadmill....

I feel sooo yucky....don't need to tell a forum full of women tho - huh? (sorry men)

The good news is - Day 3 of the Real ACV drinking and I am back down the three lbs I had gained since the 4th of July. So I guess it was just water weight after all - I knew I had been eating well and obviously exercising....drink up :drinker:

Going to take 800 mg of ibuprofen now...

I hope to read some great posts today - I need the motivation - I have to do 5 miles tonight after work.

Replies

• pmkelly409
    Options
    I cannot believe I have to say this.....I did nothing yesterday. Missed my Body Pump class and then Aunt Flo came knocking while I was at the library with the kids :grumble: Couldn't even manage to get on the treadmill....

I feel sooo yucky....don't need to tell a forum full of women tho - huh? (sorry men)

The good news is - Day 3 of the Real ACV drinking and I am back down the three lbs I had gained since the 4th of July. So I guess it was just water weight after all - I knew I had been eating well and obviously exercising....drink up :drinker:

I hope to read some great posts today - I need the motivation - I have to do 5 miles tonight after work.
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options

It's all right, we all have those days! You are going to feel GREAT on your 5-mile run tonight. Sometimes our bodies just need a day or two off to get rejuvenated for the next run! :) Congrats on losing the weight!

I did my sprint workout this morning with a running team. The alarm went off at 4:55am and I prayed that it was raining outside so I had an excuse not to go ... but it was beautiful (yet still dark) so I got dressed and headed out the door. Phew! It's over!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    :sad:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

No running for me today. Today is another rest day.<sigh>

I am assuming that we all hang out on RunnersWorld.com. In case you don't or you missed the Runner's World Daily section yesterday, there was a great you tube video featuring hip hop mogul P Diddy. No matter what type of music you listen to check out his video blog entry. It is about running and a great message that all runners can relate to.

http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/

Enjoy the day
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • kasch
    kasch Posts: 35
    Options
    what is real ACV drinking? curious.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running today for me either. I did bootcamp but took it easy. Tomorrow is our running day for the group but I have already told them I would not be joining them. Hopefully next week I will feel better. Maybe today I will go to the chiropractor and see if that helps my back.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    what is real ACV drinking? curious.

There was a great post last week about the benefits of unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Not the clear one that you buy at the supermarket. Purchase the acv that is cloudy and has a web ("the mother") in the bottle. Search last week's MFP Runner's Club posts for the details.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    No running today for me either. I did bootcamp but took it easy. Tomorrow is our running day for the group but I have already told them I would not be joining them. Hopefully next week I will feel better. Maybe today I will go to the chiropractor and see if that helps my back.

Hope you get better soon Sherry!:flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

I have to assume rain? :noway:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    it's gonna rain all day here, plus I have baseball tonight (if it doesn't rain), and I'll pitch if we do so I can't really work out until I know if we are gonna play (pitching is actually very very high cardio value, you use just about every muscle in your body on every pitch I burn about 700 calories in a 7 inning game). Can't run anyway, cuz I have my foot issue (plantar faciitis), the pain is almost gone now, but I want to wait for sure. So if we don't play I'll be using the recumbant bike today (I HATE the bike!)
  • samccarthy
    samccarthy Posts: 34
    Options
    So, I doubled up today. I started running about 4 months ago. I went from 174 lbs to 157-158 lbs by changing my exercise and changing what I eat. However, I've been stuck at the same weight now for a few months. My trainer at the gym suggested that I needed to start weight training. So, that started last week. Today, I ran intervals for 30 min on the treadmill, then did ~ 25 min of lifting. Whew!! Glad I can go in the morning and get it over with!!!

Sheryl
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Morning Runners!

I plan on doing my same ol' routine today. Except this time i'm going to cut the walking in between for one minute. For some strange reason I think it makes it harder for me. I mean, i think if I just go straight through I can run longer. I don't know, we'll see.

And, I love P Diddy! :bigsmile:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Morning Runners!

I plan on doing my same ol' routine today. Except this time i'm going to cut the walking in between for one minute. For some strange reason I think it makes it harder for me. I mean, i think if I just go straight through I can run longer. I don't know, we'll see.

And, I love P Diddy! :bigsmile:

Good Luck!! Let us know how it goes!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

I have to assume rain? :noway:

Yes, thunderstorms. They are calling for rain for the rest of the week too!!
    I guess I'll jump on the elliptical again tonight. :cry:

I'm gonna have to skip my 7.5miles and go straight to 8miles which is what I should be doing according to my book anyway. Since I had lots of time, I planned a scheduled that allowed me to go up 1/2 miles at a time. No biggy, I'm sure I'll be fine. :indifferent:

I think I'll head up north to see my family on Friday instead of Sunday and do my long run there in my old neighborhood. The only thing that terrifies me is bears. I'll have to make sure there have been no sitings before I run outside. Otherwise, I'll go to my sisters and use her treadmill. She doesn't know this yet. :laugh:
    I should also mention that I may not have access to a computer while I'm there, so I will not be posting for at least 8 days. I will continue to run and I will post if and when I can.
    I will miss this club!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hello! I got to the gym today and ran 8 miles on the tread..it got to 90 degrees by 8 this morning! I am totally not looking forward to August hahaha. Anywho, hope everyone enjoys their runs/workouts today!

Happy Hump Day :wink:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Anhn- you and me both it is hot as HE double hockey stick here and I am stuck to the treadmill for my runs too (only getting to 90 at night here so.. nope not running outside).

Today was a cross-train day I did 35 on the bike (hurt my bum) and 30 min of circuit training!!
    Good luck on today all.

Oh and Motivation - today is the only day that will be today, so live it as though you will never see it again! :flowerforyou: Hope that works for ya!!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Today we are doing cross training. I'm going to do weight lifting, and treading water in the pool. I did that a few days ago and it felt great, so I'm going to do it again.
    Yesterday my husband and I rented a sander and refinished our hardwood floors. It took us about 12 hours with both of us working on it, and now they look beautiful. I'm really happy this morning because even though I was dog tired at the end of the day (mainly from moving furniture and sanding by hand in an area the machine couldn't reach,) I wasn't sore this morning! I guess all my running and weight lifting is paying off!
    Good luck on all your runs (and rests) everybody!

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good late morning.
    Just had a hard time getting to bed last night, so no running this morning.
    I am thinking I will run on the treadmil tonight. I haven't been on the treadmill since it warmed up here. (And it is a really nice one, but I don't have but the few programs it came with) I find it harder to run on when you are not already a good runner. So maybe now that I have built up some stamina running on the street, maybe I will go farther on it.
    Plus it will be a good mix up to do it at night rather than at 5:30-6:00 in the morning.

I have hit a bump in the road, haven't lost any weight and actually gained a pound from my weekend (Stawberry Margarita:drinker: ). Plus I had pizza last night :explode: . I didn't go over my calories if you include what I worked off, but I went way over the 1200 that I try to stay at. (Everyone is different and I can't eat that much and loose weight)
    So today is a new day and I am going to do my regular daily stuff and then work my butt off tonight with video and treadmill.
    Thanks for listening, you know it helps just to put it in a plan and write it down. Makes it real.
    SM
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I had music practice last night so I only got a very short 20 min run in beforehand. I can't believe that I would ever think 20 min was too short!! :noway:
    Tonight I have jazz band, but will hit the gym before. Probably do the elliptical and weights instead. My hip starts to hurt a bit after several consecutive days of running. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Today's jog was a success for me!

I totally beat my time of 22 minutes straight and jogged for 25 minutes straight without stopping.

I think my other routine where I stop and walk after each 10 minute jog for 1 min is just way too hard for me for some reason. I think the stopping to walk in between for 1 minute is making me too tired to keep going but then I do it anyways and I end up dead, like yesterday. Today I felt like I had an awesome workout, I sweat, I challenged myself by going for 25 minutes and afterward I recovered a lot faster than I did yesterday.

I burned 445 calories today! :bigsmile: