A tasty dinner

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
We had the best guilt free tostadas for dinner tonight.

I make my own re fried beans. In a slow cooker, I cook 2 cups of pinto and 2 cups of black beans for about 10 hours. I don't season at all. When cooled put in fridge until ready to use.

I put them in a large skillet with lots of it juices and start smashing them. I like mine a little chunky.
I add salt to taste, pepper, chili powder, crushed red peppers and Sirarchi hot sauce. Let is simmer for about 10 min stirring a lot.

take you corn tortilla and lightly spray with non stick spray and put in over 425 degrees. Place right on rack. Check it in about 10 min. When it gets a nice golden brown feel it to see if it is crispy.

I took the beans, 2tbls and spread it on the tortilla
up about a 1/4 cup of extra lean ground turkey
brown Spanish rice I made myself about 1/4 cup
shredded lettuce and sprinkled with a little cheese
and added fat free blue cheese kraft dressing.
It was soooooooooooooooooooooo good. The kids loves it too.

Cal carbs fat protein
397 33 11 25

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    We had the best guilt free tostadas for dinner tonight.

I make my own re fried beans. In a slow cooker, I cook 2 cups of pinto and 2 cups of black beans for about 10 hours. I don't season at all. When cooled put in fridge until ready to use.

I put them in a large skillet with lots of it juices and start smashing them. I like mine a little chunky.
    I add salt to taste, pepper, chili powder, crushed red peppers and Sirarchi hot sauce. Let is simmer for about 10 min stirring a lot.

take you corn tortilla and lightly spray with non stick spray and put in over 425 degrees. Place right on rack. Check it in about 10 min. When it gets a nice golden brown feel it to see if it is crispy.

I took the beans, 2tbls and spread it on the tortilla
    up about a 1/4 cup of extra lean ground turkey
    brown Spanish rice I made myself about 1/4 cup
    shredded lettuce and sprinkled with a little cheese
    and added fat free blue cheese kraft dressing.
    It was soooooooooooooooooooooo good. The kids loves it too.

Cal carbs fat protein
    397 33 11 25
  • jmlane1981
    Options
    Sounds good, I went out for Mexican and couldn't find exact calories for where I ate...but the ones I found from a different restaurant were really high, the treadmill is going to have it's feel of me tonight. :sad: Oh well, we learn from our mistakes.
  • icandoit
    Options
    Why does the good food have to be soooo bad:sad:
    I love mexican and chinese. I am finding there are a lot of ways to alter food at home thank to Rachel Ray.