FRUSTRATION!!

Options
Ok, how can I have lost 27 lbs and not really losing any inches??? How is that possible??? Or am I not measuring myself correctly...I don't understand...my clothes seem to be fitting looser, but inches around my tummy, hips are not shinking...

Help!?!? :explode:

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's not possible, so something has to be off with the way you have measured yourself.

Also, many of us lose from the bust first!
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    Do you do strength training, like sit ups to tone your muscles? That might help. I know I need to do that, right now I'm focusing on losing pounds though.
  • mpj485
    mpj485 Posts: 15
    Options
    I totally understand this frustration, mine is just the opposite. I'm losing inches but the pounds are not budging. I think maybe it is the way you are measuring, if you are working out you should be losing inches, if you are not then find a gym and the inches will simply fall away! When I measure my waist I start at my belly button, the same every time, and I make sure I get around the middle of my butt when I measure my hips. If you measure the same spot you should see the difference.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body where you lose the fat first. My mother in law lost 60 pounds and the first 20 came all from her face, arms, and wrists with no loss on her waist/hips. You are losing from somewhere if you went down 27 pounds, so congrats!!!
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am forever saying "trust the clothing" well I say trust the bluejeans to be specific. I took standard measurements when I started, had someone else take them also to be as accurate as possible, lost like two pounds and zero inches and went from a 14 to an 8. Unbelievable but absolutely true. My weight shifted w/n those unmeasured areas that much. So......
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    [
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's not possible, so something has to be off with the way you have measured yourself.

Also, many of us lose from the bust first!

Oh God NO!!!! Not the bust!!!
  • CJHARLEY
    CJHARLEY Posts: 2
    Options
    Man, that would be frustrating. I'm going very slowly weight wise, but I feel like my inches are getting bigger. My official measurement is next week, and I'm not really looking forward to it. Hope it gets better. :(
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Man, that would be frustrating. I'm going very slowly weight wise, but I feel like my inches are getting bigger. My official measurement is next week, and I'm not really looking forward to it. Hope it gets better. :(

Whoops - I was on my son's account. All this stuff from me. :laugh: