New face for new friends!

Options
lemonadem
lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
Hi! My name is Emily. I am 23 and motivated to get in shape and lose some weight!

I've done this in the past; I lost 40 pounds about 4 years ago and managed to keep it off until recently. Starting a desk job and then falling off the gym habit killed me though, and I am back up 30 pds. BUT that will change!! :D

I definitely know that doing this is so much easier with people to support and encourage you - so I am here to meet some people ready to get in shape and support each other!

Please add me as a friend if you'd like to motivate each other... I love to swap recipes and workout ideas, but even more I love to be inspired by peoples' journeys, and I am always ready to make new friends!

Replies

• gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    I am new to this also. I have done Pilates in the past and am going to start that up again, also running, and if I can steal my jump rope back from my sister I will be using that too! lol I have 20+ lbs to go and am really looking for this to be a lifestyle and not just a diet!
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site is amazing and there are some great people on here with some good advice. Feel free to add me anytime. Rick
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sending a request your way...
  • lemonadem
    Options
    Thank you guys! :wink:
  • 343paul
    343paul Posts: 24
    Options
    One day at a time!
  • bbauer148
    Options
    I feel your pain with the desk job! I just went from a job where I was on my feet walking 40 hrs a week, to sitting, and worst yet, everyone has candy on their desk! We can def. keep each other motivated!!
  • lemonadem
    Options
    I feel your pain with the desk job! I just went from a job where I was on my feet walking 40 hrs a week, to sitting, and worst yet, everyone has candy on their desk! We can def. keep each other motivated!!

I know- I used to work 60 hours a week runnning around in high heels and rarely sitting... and now I sit at a computer at a place where everyone does social lunches and brings in goodies... Definitely time to ramp up the workouts!! :)
  • AshleyDlite
    Options
    I love seeing so many 'new' people on here. Everyone is so encouraging to others, it's great to see. And what an awesome feeling to have such great support! I'm definitely glad I signed up for this. : ) I look forward to hearing about everybody's journeys as well! Good luck lady!!
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • hurley41010
    Options
    I'm also new too!! Just started today! Feel free to add me also! This seems like an amazing place to meet friends and gain a great group of people to help encourage everyone! :smile:
  • mmaboydwechanged
    Options
    Welcome you can add me :smile: