I don't even know what to think!

Options
mckant
mckant Posts: 217 Member
My husband told me yesterday that my in-laws are concerned that I'm anorexic! What?! I certainly don't hide the fact that I am aware of what goes into my mouth and that I exercise almost daily but what the heck is wrong with that? Any time we are invited to their home for dinner I gladly eat what is on the table. My husband calls me the snacker because normally I am more of a grazer than anything. Granted, I'm currently 5'6 and about 120 pounds but I'm under just a *tiny* bit of stress right now knowing that I am losing both my job and our family health insurance so I haven't been overly hungry. However, I refuse to stuff myself with food in front of them just to prove that I don't have a problem. I don't even know how to begin to address this. Any ideas?

Replies

• jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    First off i think you are fine the way you are and its good that you dont turn to food under stress alot of people do when they are stressed
    if you are happy with the way you are then that is all that matters if your fam doesnt like it then so be it but it is your choice
    hope this helps
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are getting flak from the in-laws.

I don't know enough about you to say one way or another whether you have any sort of disorded thinking around food, but if you are aiming to to be 5'6" and 115 lbs, there may be some cause for concern.

Have you shared your diet and workout schedule with your doctor? What does your doctor say?

If you are about to lose your job(and likely your health insurance right along with it), this would be an excellent time to book a doctor's visit. You'd want to do that anyway so you can get all your prescriptions refilled, etc., before your insurance runs out. Talk to your doctor about your eating and exercise plan while there, and he or she can let you know if there is anything that is a cause for concern.

And if your doctor says there is nothing concerning going on here, then you can reassure your family that everything has been carefully approved by your doctor.
  • Baileymqt
    Baileymqt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal is 121 pounds (8 left to go). According to your weight goal you still want to lose about 6 more pounds? If your body is anything like mine, that is on the thin side. One time I was at our YMCA when I had lost lower than 121 pounds (not on purpose) and when I was showering after a workout a friend expressed concern. I definitely try to stay 121 to 123, a good weight for my frame.