Cell phones at the gym?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• madaughters
    Options
    she was rude and inconsiderate, such bad manners!

Thats whats what lockers are for..

Our gym has a No Cell Phone policy in the locker room as well. Too many "camera phones" and it makes the old duffers nervous that someone might snap a shot of their unmentionables...

We are asked to take our calls in the lobby.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Couldnt the same be said for people that come to the gym with friends and chit chat with each other while they exercise?It seems the same thing to me.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Couldnt the same be said for people that come to the gym with friends and chit chat with each other while they exercise?It seems the same thing to me.

I completely disagree with this. I don't think this is the same thing at all. Would you compare talking to a passenger in the car the same thing as talking on a cell phone while driving? Absolutely not. Totally different.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

It depends on how loudly they are talking, and if they are hogging the equipment, instead of using it.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options

It depends on how loudly they are talking, and if they are hogging the equipment, instead of using it.

I agree with this- I should have included this in my last post. Oops.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Well done for saying something!!

I would have probably asked her if she can read, considering there are notices everywhere!! :huh:

Unless you're a doctor on call then there is no need to be chatting on your phone socially while you're in the gym.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i have my phone on me at all times... but only to update my work out to MFP and because i have kids... i have once or twice had to stop working out to answer my phone but it was my husband calling regarding the kids.......... excessively talking or texting while working out though.... no bueno!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Regardless of whether or not it's rude, it's against the Gym's policy. To me, that's end of story.

And, yes, I used to carry mine with me in case of emergency, but, like others, if I needed to take a call I would remove myself from the equipment, wipe it down and go to the foyer as to not disrupt others. Besides, I don't want other people listening to my conversation anyway! :)
  • Colie912
    Colie912 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think she was the one being rude! If she is talking loud enough for you to hear her over your own music, there is something wrong!! I'm sure the people all around her were happy you said something!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Good for you for saying something. She was being rude. She's there to workout. Get off the phone and workout or get out. I understand some people use their phones as their music, but usually don't answer it if someone calls.