Not Happy With Myself.

Options
It's been a month since I went to the gym. A MONTH.
I haven't been tracking my food on here, either.

I look in the mirror, and i can just see how much it's affecting me.

I need to get back in the swing of things but I have absolutely no drive to do so.

I just want to crawl in bed and eat crackers all day.

Replies

• LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    We all have our moments. You've taken a step in the right direction in logging on to MFP today. Make today the new start. Start logging your food again and take it from there. You can do this!
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    It's a tough time of year. Remember that spring is coming and you'll be able to shed that winter jacket for a look at the sun. You want to feel good when you do.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just grab your gym clothes and go, get on the treadmill or whatever your cardio machine is and do 10 minutes... add another 10, after the workout come on and log your food. Schedule the gym time, don't let it be an option, push! I have had 2 gaps with gym visits of at least 2 weeks, now my gym bag is by the door and I just grab it and go, went planning to do 60 mins, got on the treadmill and wanted to quit after 10.... made it to 30 that day by doing just 10 minutes... just another 10 mins...
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, stop wallowing. You want to change, you know what it takes, but you won't do it? How can you live with yourself? Get out of bed, dust the cracker crumbs off of yourself, and get started! Now!

You've thought about it plenty, now is the time for action. Just do it.

=)
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we fall out of the groove of things. At least you're willing to acknowledge it and not completely fall off the wagon. I have been tracking my food and going to the gym 5 days a week and I just weighed myself and have gained 2 pounds. How disapointing. But we keep moving on, right?
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I got to a low point too. Where I didn't want to work out, I was depressed, all I wanted to do was crawl in bed and eat.
    And then I looked in the mirror and looked at pictures of myself when I was skinnier and better looking. I compared the two and I told myself that I was better than the over weight girl in the mirror. I got to the gym, I instantly bought a membership and it changed my life. And then I found this app and it changed my life even more.
    Sounds like you have the tools. Just find the mindset somewhere! You can do it.
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Read your reasons for losing weight and your inspirations. You will do this, and be glad you did too. Good luck !!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon, lose motivation, or get a case of the "blahs" - once you get your work out gear on you'll feel more motivated to get back into the swing of things. Try out a class at the gym, get a friend to be your work out buddy (and help keep you motivated), write yourself little motivational notes, buy a new work out outfit or shoes.....

I like the idea of scheduling your work out time, put it on your calendar.....you just gotta do whatever it takes to break out of your current mood.

You can do it!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You can't change teh past. But you CAN change the future. Get that gym gear on!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You have come back for support and taken a positive step. Take the next one and start logging and then the next on the treadmill. You will feel much better for it. We all hit slumps. Keep at it, you will feel so much better in the end :)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain. i'm in a similar situation myself, i have too many glass balls in the air so i've had to put this one down or risk dropping them all, but i make a point of coming on here regularly keeping my status's updated with whats going on even if its just to say stuff it, it helps me keep the wagon in sight so its easier to jump back on when the time is right. feel free to friend me if you need some support i'm great at kicking other peoples backsides but i can't reach my own :smile:

if you really want it this will happen, you will reach your goals it just takes a nudge, sometimes from ourselves
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Ok, great! You've voiced your problem and now you can start working on your action plan. Stop with the negative thoughts and make them in to positive actions!

Corny, I know, but I'm hoping it'll help give you a boost and get you moving in the right direction! :)