HCG Diet Maintenance - Keeping it off and not going insane!

Hello out there, I have just finished up the Releana (HCG) Diet Program and had really great success with it. I only intended to lose about 10 lbs, but ended up losing 16 lbs. Now is the hard part....

I'm now about 3 1/2 weeks post-maintenance phase (P3), and just living day to day, trying to maintain the weight loss and keep it off... trying to be careful what I eat and not letting old habits undo all the hard work I've put into the weight loss.

Some days it's easy to eat healthy, other days it just gets out of control! Then the weight creeps up a lb. or so and frustration and guilt start in. Then struggling with trying to get the weight back down and the fear of failure if the weight comes back!

I'm looking for others on MFP that are trying to maintain their weight loss (even if you didn't lose it on HCG)... dealing with life and stuff that causes us to overeat/binge/make poor food choices (ie., busyness with kids and/or work, celebrations and events, stress, PMS, etc.) and being able to share and support each other in a positive and encouraging manner.

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Last summer I went from 128 to 114 on rx hcg injections, it was great! Unfortunatley I am back to 128, i have been up and down the entire time since then. Good luck to you!
  • dlburge
    dlburge Posts: 1
    I lost 30 pounds several months ago on my first round of rx HCG... I'm not going to lie, the maintenance phase is just as hard to stick to. But, if you are diligent, you can do it. I have a very, very busy family; we get up at 5:00 am and don't settle down for the evening until around 9:00 pm. We have horses and dogs; we volunteer at rodeos every weekend and spend time during the week after work volunteering for veterans. I discovered that if I ate really good during the week then on the weekends at the rodeos it was ok if I didn't eat so great and I wouldn't gain. The key during the week is to make sure you pre-plan your meals and have things that are simple to prepare and carry with you. I love cheese, so I would eat about 2 ounces of low-fat sharp cheddar cheese with every meal (most cheese has carbs, but cheddar does not). I love rotisserie chicken, so I bought a rotisserie and make a chicken that will last a few days. I also regularly eat low-fat cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs and I love Julian Bakery bread (1 net carb per slice and they have a few kinds to choose from). The other key is to determine how many calories your body can burn at its resting rate and don't go over that number on a daily basis. I eat just about everything now and have not gained or lost more than one pound since my last shot day. I still stay away from soda and try to drink more water than anything else... And I watch the sugar and carb content of everything I eat. Low-fat or no fat isn't always better if it greatly increases the sugar and carb count.
  • sunnycam
    sunnycam Posts: 71 Member
    Thanks dlburge for your encouraging advice! Since I'm only 5'0' to begin with, my resting rate is not much more than 1,000 calories a day!!! So, there is not alot to play with. I do try to be extra careful during the weekday so that I can have more options on the weekend. Definitely foods in high sugar and carb content do not work well for me. I will look for the Julian Bakery bread as I am always on the look out for some good low carb foods. Is that online or where would I find that? I really do love all kinds of nuts and find that is a satisfying snack for me as well.

Every now and then, I will have a bad day where it's really hard for me to stay away from munchies. Then, I have to end up with a Steak Day, which is not fun at all until 6 pm when I can finally have my Steak!! :smile: I try my best to stay away from those days!

Well, good luck to you as well!
  • sunnycam
    sunnycam Posts: 71 Member
    Hi Amanda, Thank you for encouraging me. So sorry to hear that the weight came back on. That is one of my worst fears. Did you do steak days and that not help? Any tips and advice you could give? Will you be trying another round of HCG or are you on another plan?