Dress Shoes that are comfy

agoessli
agoessli Posts: 81 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys...I am a teacher and so obviously I dress up for work. I have been having some knee trouble when I wear my dress shoes. I am looking for advice with where I can get shoes that will not clash with my dress shoes but give me good support. (My knee doesn't hurt when I have on tennis shoes). It would be great if they wouldn't break the bank but I understand that may have to happen. THANKS!

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    I've had great luck with Rockport and Clark's shoes.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    expensive but great - Dansko.

I can stand in them for hours on end and they have some great variety

Also, Clarks and Aerosoles
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    I have these shoes from Skechers that are dressy enough for work, but rugged and comfy to walk in. I love them!!! Here is a link:

http://www.skechers.com/style/21571/bikers-step-up/bbk

They have tons of choices of dressy comfy shoes even in the shape-ups! I have a pair of shape-up sneakers and they are the best pair of shoes I have ever owned in my life. Highly recommended!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I bought a pair of Tsubo's off of 6pm.com. They are soooo comfortable...not as sexy as I'd like but still a good dress shoe for work. I will definitely be buying another pair.
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    I really love both these brands. Cute, comfortable, and fit true to size! Good luck :drinker:

http://www.aerosoles.com/

http://www.lifestride.com/
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    I work as a teller so I'm on my feet all day and I can oly wear either Dansko or Sanita shoes. They are more expensive, but have done wonders for my feet, knees and legs.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    May sound like a sort of stupid reply, but if you are standing a lot of your day...you might consider instead of expensive new dress shoes looking into a mild compression stocking.
    (as long as your ankle brachial pressure index allows
    If you are wearing a nice support stocking the pain in your feet and knees can be reduced significantly becuase it promotes venous return.

(Sorry its the nurse in me...)

However I have seen some Dr. Scholls shoes that are not terrible looking that have really great support
  • EHeadings
    EHeadings Posts: 50 Member
    I'm a kindergarten teacher myself- and have discovered the crocs brand flats. They are AMAZING!! I bought a whole bunch of colors, and that is all I wear now. They immediately took away the pain in my feet (since I am on them ALL DAY!) and no one can tell they are crocs. Love them!
  • callyno8
    callyno8 Posts: 8
    I had Born's when I worked at the Car Dealership and I was on my feet constantly!! They are very comfy kind of expensive! Mama Karen got them for me for my birthday. But they really are worth every penny!!! You will have to check out pictures of Ryker I will probably be posting some very very soon!! he is sooooo cute!! i love him! and you!
This discussion has been closed.