Hello from VA!!! :)

Options
Hi Everyone!! One of my friends just told me about this website today and so I thought I would check it out :) I've been trying to lose weight for a while now, but it seems to be slow going. Slow and steady wins the race, right? :) ha. Anyways, I thought I would join here for support and motivation! I look forward to hearing from many of you!!

Replies

• beccapos
    beccapos Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new-ish myself and have found the people on here very supporting and friendly. Best of luck with your goals!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The people that friend you here are awesome. They help with support and motivation and cheer you on every step of the way. :) Feel free to friend me for some support!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Hello from Roanoke. Welcome.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck. I just joined this month but I'm loving it so far!
  • mrogden
    mrogden Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello new MFP gal and welcome! You are never alone here!!!
  • lynnojan
    lynnojan Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I am new also--good luck to you!!! :smile:
  • karimiller
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! As people have said, you'll always find support and motivation here =) I love the accountability it offers and that you get to brag about your accomplishments or vent when times get tough. -- Kari
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you. Where in VA? I grew up in the southern area, near Danville.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Lisa and I moved to VA from FL last year. You will love the support here. Feel free to add me as a friend :happy:
  • findingfreedom
    Options
    I would LOVE to add you guys as my friends... how do I do that?!? :)
    As for VA- I am in the Richmond area :)
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    When you click on someone's profile, there's a green "add as friend" button to the right of their profile picture, then you just have to wait for them to accept it. Welcome to MFP! I'm living in VA Beach at the moment, though hopefully moving to TN later this year. I wish you all the best on your journey here. I've been talking about dieting and working out for so long, but never did anything about it until a friend recommended this site. It's so good for me to be able to set a calorie goal and track my food intake. I'm fairly new here myself (been here about 5 weeks or so, I guess), but if you need help or motivation, let me know!
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    GLAD YOU JOINED!!!! As I said, its so worth it. These ladies (and gentleman) are AWESOME supporters!
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    :happy: Hi!! Glad to make more friends... add me if you like!
  • DAMECHOCOLATE79
    DAMECHOCOLATE79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome:)
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm from the Stafford area and I joined last month. Been doing great with all the help and support on this site.
    Feel free to friend me.