Cough Drops ... Really!

Options
OMG!!!! - I have been sick for the past four days and popping cough drops to help out ... then I read the bag and each one has 15 calories .... Holy Crap .... do I list that under snack ... crap!!!!

Replies

• Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I list my vitamins as a snack. No calories but they do have nutritional value so I figure I should add them in to balance out my diet.

Maybe it depends on how many you ate... If you cough like I do you worked off the 15 calories and possibly got a small ab workout too!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Oh, this made me laugh! It sounds like something that would happen to me. I'd say mark them as a snack for now and then you might want to go find some sugar-free cough drops. I know that Hall's makes a sugar-free version with only 5 calories and 0 carbs.
  • ki4idb
    ki4idb Posts: 114
    Options
    I just could not believe it .... it is medicain .... meds are not suppose to work against you ....
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Sorry Dude, sucks doesn't it? I guess the calories in a cough drop are better than the whiskey, honey and lemon juice i would have offered. :ohwell: Feel better soon!
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    You needed them so doesnt really matter about the calorific value place them under snacks but dont beat yourself up about the calories, you simply cannot watch every single thing that you eat. Hope the cough improves soon. If you are coughing alot at night get a small bowl and put a teaspoon of vic vapour rub in it boil the kettle and fill the bowl enough to cover the vapour rub and place it in your bedroom it will mositen the air with menthol and will hopefully help with the cough.x
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I added a food category "Other" for stuff that just does not fit any of the other categories.
  • ki4idb
    Options
    Sorry Dude, sucks doesn't it? I guess the calories in a cough drop are better than the whiskey, honey and lemon juice i would have offered. :ohwell: Feel better soon!

Did someone say WHISKEY ... man I love this group!
  • ki4idb
    Options
    You needed them so doesnt really matter about the calorific value place them under snacks but dont beat yourself up about the calories, you simply cannot watch every single thing that you eat. Hope the cough improves soon. If you are coughing alot at night get a small bowl and put a teaspoon of vic vapour rub in it boil the kettle and fill the bowl enough to cover the vapour rub and place it in your bedroom it will mositen the air with menthol and will hopefully help with the cough.x

Thanks I will have to try that!