Chinese Beef and Broccoli

Options
Does anyone have healthy or lower cal recipie for chinese beef and broccoli?

Replies

• lareyna124
    Options
    Oh i miss chinese food! you can always get it steamed and ask for the sauce on side and pour a TINY bit on top =)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Beef And Broccoli Recipe
    1 1/2 - 2 lb broccoli, peeled and cut into uniform pieces
    1/2 - 1 lb steak (sirloin, chuck, flank, or round)
    1 onion, cut into thick slices
    2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
    1 medium carrot, sliced diagonally
    oil
    ginger
    garlic
    1 tsp soy sauce (low sodium)
    Pinch of brown sugar
    1 tbsp cornstarch
    1/2 cup water

Parboil broccoli for 30 seconds and plunge into cold water immediately to set colour. Add a pinch of baking soda to the water for a brighter green colour.

Cut meat into thin pieces and marinate with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and cornstarch. Add oil to the wok and stir fry onion for 5 seconds. Add broccoli and celery and stir fry 1 min. more. Remove vegetables to platter.

Heat more oil on high and add beef. Fry for 30 seconds or until barely rare.

Quickly mix in reserved vegetables. Add sauce ingredients and toss until bubbly and thickened. Serve immediately
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I cook this all the time. My own version of it. I don't use any kind of recipe. Just lots of garlic, ginger, season the meat well as it cooks (garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder, pepper, basil)...just a little soy sauce & a little oyster sauce once the meat is done to mix in with the broccoli, red onion or what ever other veggies you choose as they steam. I also make brown jasmine rice opposed to white rice. I stir fry the rice in the pan with chopped garlic before I add in the water. Gives it a good flavor. Good luck!
  • diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    Beef And Broccoli Recipe
    1 1/2 - 2 lb broccoli, peeled and cut into uniform pieces
    1/2 - 1 lb steak (sirloin, chuck, flank, or round)
    1 onion, cut into thick slices
    2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
    1 medium carrot, sliced diagonally
    oil
    ginger
    garlic
    1 tsp soy sauce (low sodium)
    Pinch of brown sugar
    1 tbsp cornstarch
    1/2 cup water

Parboil broccoli for 30 seconds and plunge into cold water immediately to set colour. Add a pinch of baking soda to the water for a brighter green colour.

Cut meat into thin pieces and marinate with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and cornstarch. Add oil to the wok and stir fry onion for 5 seconds. Add broccoli and celery and stir fry 1 min. more. Remove vegetables to platter.

Heat more oil on high and add beef. Fry for 30 seconds or until barely rare.

Quickly mix in reserved vegetables. Add sauce ingredients and toss until bubbly and thickened. Serve immediately

bump