Cell Phones

Options

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I somewhat agree. I take my cell phone everywhere I go because of my job and the fact that I (heart) my phone, but I absolutely WILL NOT answer my cell phone while I am in line at a check out counter, at dinner, etc. I think that is just plain RUDE.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend can attest to my phone addiction. I have done more with my phone than most (rooted, new operating system, overclocked, now running gingerbread even though it has not been officially released for the Droid X). I am a geek though, so that in conjunction with slight obsessive compulsions, naturally explains this.
    That being said, I am visiting my girlfriend in 3 weeks. Unless I am calling poison control because I am second guessing sampling that blow fish sushi and my arm as gone suddenly numb...my phone will most likely not see the light of day.

There is a time and place for everything.

LMAO! Your examples and hypotheticals always crack me up!
  • etpx3
    etpx3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    hahah this is too funny!

I am also addicted to my phone. i'm always texting BUT I know when to do it and not to? I have manners, and if i'm out or something with someone i put it on silent...really depends who I'm with...most people my age we could careless go ahead txt. If it's my mom i'll def put it away. you just gotta know when the right time is.

txting and driving =) HAHHAHHAHH OH DEAR LORD - i'm not gonna lie i sometimes do this BUT I love the people who txt and get mad when they almost get in an accident and try to blame it on others..like seriously i'm in the car with you...put the damn phone down.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Not to start a whole new argument...but seriously...google speech is amazing for "emergency" texting and driving. Take a little work for sexting though. naughty.gif
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a phone ,I barely use it except for some of the apps.The only time I text is to text my husban when hes at work so I dont interupt his day.
    Im not sure why people are so dependant on their cell phones unless its for work.
    Thats just me im not much for talking on the phone and hate texting
    The silliest thing I ever saw was a 6 yr old with an iphone WTF!?

I agree I don't think any child needs a phone. Really if they need to call home or check in with their parents then use your freinds parents house phone. If the parent needs to get ahold of the child then call the house at which they are supposed to be at. If they are not there then they are in trouble. That simple. We give children way too much freedom and that is why they are in trouble all the time. My son will not get a cell until he can pay for one himself.
    We need a LIKE button cuz my 5 year old wants a phone I told him the same thing get a job and pay for it yourself.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife and I don't have a house phone, we just have our cell phones. When I got a new phone a year and a half ago, I got my Rugby (it looks durable, anyway), which is just a standard flip phone. I don't have texting on my phone as I would never use it. I don't even like to call people. I rarely use more than 200 minutes a month, which is usually when one of my parents call me and I end up talking to them for a while.

The internet, however, is a completely different animal.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    hahaha I went through a phase of serious phone addiction, it embarrasses me to think of it now. Texting during class and dinners and such... totally rude and I know it. I still love my phone for things like GPS and MFP (woot!) but I hardly text anymore and I don't talk and drive either like I used to when I was a teenager (WTF was I doing talking on my phone and driving!!!! I was the worst driver everrrrr) Seriously though one time I drove from Chico, CA to Santa Cruz, CA for a weekend home in college and talked THE WHOLE TIME... FML. I think it will only get worse though, my nephew has a phone... he is 12.

I lost my phone and didn't have one for 3 weeks and it was GLORIOUS! Every since then I use it when I need to.

Letters huh? My boyfriend and I spent a summer apart in college and he sent me hand written letters all summer. He also sent me emails over our relationship but my computer ate about half of them.... there is nothing like having a hard copy letter in your hand... priceless <3

I think this officially means I am old haha but who cares! Throw those cell phones out the window people!!! Or read the news on them muahahahah, delete angry birds!!! do it!!!

but...but... The Doctors said grumpy birds was good for me!! D: lol.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I admit that I love my phone but it is mostly for the internet and my apps. I hardly ever talk or text anyone unless I am making plans. I still send handwritten letters to my grandmother. :heart:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I admit that I love my phone but it is mostly for the internet and my apps. I hardly ever talk or text anyone unless I am making plans. I still send handwritten letters to my grandmother. :heart:
    Ironically...the one thing I dislike doing is actually making a call on my phone. It is like talking on a brick.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    wtf's that got to do with this site?
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

That's why it is posted on the "Chit-chat, fun, and games" section, Sweetheart.

It's just Chit-Chat. If it was a recipe or motivational, I would have posted it elswhere.

Have a phenomenal day.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

Fairly odd statement for someone who seems to have been an MFP member for awhile. Not sure I'm grasping the point of your response to this thread in this section?

I can appreciate If you don't need or care for "Chit-Chat" but why are you replying here in such a way?
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Here we go again....

Hey Debbie Downer...this is in the fun and games section. Relax and go back to the no fun zone a few threads up!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Seriously??? :huh:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options

What the *kitten* is the point in this response?
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    <insert sunshine, rainbows and unicorns here> :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    <insert sunshine, rainbows and unicorns here> :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    http://weheartit.com/entry/8304676
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    If you do not like something just move on to the next thing. Seriously why bother commenting at all??? Gaahhh! Ahhhhh harmony, I love it. Don't sweat the small stuff people!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Um.... Are you having a bad day or something? This seems like a really exaggerated response, especially for the "Chit-chat, fun and games" board.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff people!

And try not to pet the sweaty stuff :devil: