You Might Be a Gym Rat If....

Options

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Completely guilty of just about all of the things posted on here but I don't care!
    And yes, my family & friends think I'm totally going overboard but I feel great!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm a total gym rat... keep all my stuff in my car and everyone there knows me... when I miss they ask me where I was...
  • btru2u73
    btru2u73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You might be a gym rat if...

The person at the front desk tells you, "Hey I've been watching you, you're looking good!

You start noticing which worker has which schedule and when they switch schedules you ask yourself what day it is!

Your sister tells you your nephews 2nd birthday party starts at 11am and you tell her you'll be at the gym until 1 so you'll be late!

You get mad when someone is on "your" machine!

Oh wow I love this, makes me not feel so bad that others are gym rats too!!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    The "newbies" irritate you yet make you feel superior.
  • galaxysue
    galaxysue Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    think I must be guilty of most of the things mentioned above, never thought I would say that!! I just LOVE the gym :love: :love: :love:
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    most of these apply to me, and it was my birthday last week and got a hrm from my friends, and it was really very exciting to me.

i think im proud to be a gym rat!! there could be worse things! : )
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options

...When you mentally assess the incorrect form of people performing their routines.

My fear is everyone is doing this, which is one of the things that keeps me from using the resistance machines, and I have not even dared to think about hitting the weights.

I would not consider myself a gym rat, but FourSquare declared me one a couple of weeks ago.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    LOL! Most of these fit me too. Not much gossip since my gym is also at work so we have to be careful what we say but when the right folks are around, it can be a lot of fun just chit-chatting. One thing good about having the gym at work is I'm able to "network" just by being seen there - more people know who I am and talk to me now than they did before. Bonus!

And yes, I will be asking for new sneakers and a new HRM for my birthday next month. Gym rat? Hell yes, guilty as charged!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Love this! Mine is....

~ if for your birthday this year you only asked for gym clothes and a HRM :happy:

Not a gym rat, but am a fitness rat and i totally did this for my birthday this year LOL! I spent all my birthday money on new workout clothes and running shoes!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Love this! Mine is....

~ if for your birthday this year you only asked for gym clothes and a HRM :happy:

Love it! I just did the same thing! :laugh:

LoL...Me too! ;)
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ...the daycare people see you coming and put in Toy Story because its the only way you can get out the door without your son clinging to your leg...
    ...the front desk-card swiper asks whats wrong when you have to miss your morning class and she sees you at night
    ...the front desk clerk also knows which of your kids' turn it is to pick up your card-and follows the schedule to avoid fights
    ...your favorite instructor notices you got new shoes!

im not ashamed...
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    if you "lift things up and put them down".
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My entire day/diet revolves around the gym. :(

I also go to the gym on vacation, lol.
  • aleeroley
    aleeroley Posts: 14
    Options
    *like*
  • aleeroley
    aleeroley Posts: 14
    Options
    Not a gymrat, but definitley a fitness rat!

The only clothes that seem to circulate through the laundry are my work uniforms and work out clothes.

LOL ...that's so true for me!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    if you have the kids babysat by their nanna, and spend the time going to the gym with your partner as opposed to a date or something

if you change appointments so they fit in with your gym

if your entire diary is filled with weights, and class times, and lists of foods / calories, bookings for gym creche etc...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    ...if you're friends on Facebook with the studio manager...
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Lock me up!!! haha.

- often help spot bench.
    - have my "spot" (the lifting platform - get the absolute ****s when i see people using it and putting in minimal effort...) GTFO.
    Oh and machines? Why are you using machines?? :tongue: no really. :wink:
    - get a nod from about 4 trainers there now..they dont know my name, because i dont really speak to anyone, lol. i prefer to focus on the job at hand and fall into my zone until my numbers are done.
    - organise parts of my life around my "gym time". lol
    - my alarm on my phone has two settings: 1. "0700", and 2. "Gym Time" (0600) :tongue:
    - my gym gear is always ready. protein shake included.
    - first thing i do in the morning is long into my three fav websites. "MFP", "T-nation", and another exercise forum thread. Lol.
    EVERY morning. if no computer near by, i log on through my phone!
    - I have to hold myself back on rest days.
    - even i on rest days, i dont rest, lol. usually practice skill moves, like snatch, double unders(jump rope), or snatch/overhead squat balance with a broom stick.

Totally addicted.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I might be a gym rat if... u drive by the gym and ur son in the backseat says... MOMMY...WE GO TO THE Y AGAIN TODAY... lol.