Sometimes the small victories mean the most

Options
So I work on the second floor of a building. The parking lot is near the stairs which is near my office. On the other side of the building is the elevator. Needless to say I take the stairs. Back in January, even throughout February I'd get to the top and spend the next 5 minutes catching my breath. I'm 23 and shouldn't be having near asthma attacks trying to go upstairs, especially one flight. This morning I came in like always. Up the stairs and into my office. I sat down. No breathlessness. I'm not in shape to run a 5k, but I think about how much worse in the opposite direction could I have gone and how soon that could happen, and it just encourages me to keep going.

Joys, blessings, and sunshine!

Replies

• eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    awesome.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Way to go! :)
  • jazzmensa
    Options
    Well done you! This is just the start, it's going to get better and better:bigsmile:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hooray!
  • tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    It's also great when you try on clothes that previously didn't fit or where too tight, but now are comfortable and getting baggy!!
    :smile:
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    It's also great when you try on clothes that previously didn't fit or where too tight, but now are comfortable and getting baggy!!
    :smile:

Did that yesterday :)
  • SK24373
    SK24373 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The small victories and goals are what keeps us all going. So happy for you. Thanks for sharing a positive story!
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Good for you keep up the good work!