Tummy post baby!

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    My children are 3 and 6, and my stomach is never going back. I have done everything, and it's not shifting. I have a million and one stretch marks, though. The skin isn't even attached to anything underneath any more.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    *looks at watch* Well, it's been 10 years and it's still not back, so . . .
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I had 2 kids within 2 years and gained 50 pounds both times (starting at 120 pounds) and then lost another 15 when my youngest was 18 months, so a 65 pound weight loss. They are 8 and 10 now. While it will never be 100%, and you can see the imperfections in my lower belly (a little bit of loose skin, a couple stretchmarks and a slight separation), it DOES get better. I think by the time my youngest was 4 I felt almost as good as I did pre-pregnancy (and my husband says better so who knows).

Photo: @ 39 weeks w/ my youngest and recent...NOTE, the best my stomach looked has been because of consistant heavy weight training for the last year, I kid you not...

39wks.jpgbelly.jpg
  • fteale
    Options
    I say I had the three worst possible things that could happen to your belly....I have the baggy belly (and my son is already 3 y/o and I am already on my goal weight) , I have stretch marks, AND my belly button popped out while pregnant and stayed that way. :sad: :grumble: So for you girls complaining about a little pouch, smile and be happy. It could be worse. :smile:

I'm right there with you and in addition to all of that...my abs split. I wish all I had to deal with was a bit of a pouch, lol. I'm only 26 and my daughter will be 8 this year....I haven't worn a bikini since I was 17. I weigh less than I did in high school and no amount of working out has helped me in that area.

Yup, I had ALL those things, and a caesarean, which wasn't sewn up straight, so I have a ledge from that as well as the rest. The skin is literally transparent in places, and like crinkly tissue paper all over.

I still wear a bikini, though. People stare, but I just don't care that much.
  • fteale
    Options
    double post
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Some people are blessed with fantastic genes - KDIAMOND's case... Personally I am not. I'll be 4 years post partum. I lost 17 pounds with each pregnancy (the fetus is a very efficient parasite!), 19 months between each child, both cesarian deliveries. I'm going to consult with a plastic surgeon for a mini tuck or full tummy tuck as my abdominal wall has been stretched and I always have a 4-5 month pregnancy look.