Does this really work...?

Options
Hey guys,

I'm new too this site and from what I can see its really good, but the question I have is does it really work?

I used to be a slim size 10 but since I moved in with my partner, and he has been really supportive, but I balloned to a size 16, and I hate it. I really would love to fit back into my old. gorgeous clothes and I have tried loads of things but so far, no luck.

This was recommended to me by a friend who swears by it, but different strokes for different fokes. If this does work I plan to stick with this as if my life depended on it, even recording my cups of tea!

Any advice would be great :-)

Replies

• susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I love this site and have lost 18 pounds so far and I started January 2011. This is a life style of eating - for ever- you can have anything you want as long as you log it and exercise to what you are suppose to eat. Good luck and God Bless.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i would say it does if you have a lot of support n r truthful with everything you do =)
  • tyienna
    tyienna Posts: 39
    Options
    I think it works because when you log your food, if you are close to your calories for the day it makes me rethink what I'm going to eat for dinner. My 2nd day and I was thinking from breakfast on as to what I wanted to eat and could eat. It's a big help and I really enjoy it!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It works if you are honest with yourself and with your diary. The only other advice I can give you is to use your measuring cups and spoons and a food scale. Don't guess on portions--its like shooting yourself in the foot. You either guess low and you're eating too much or you guess high and find yourself hungry.

Best of luck!!!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I started in Feb and I've lost 17 lbs. I love this site. There is a lot of supportive people and as long as you stick to it no matter what it works. Stay under the calories it gives you and log everything that enters ur mouth. Good Luck w/the weight loss! :)
  • gregh74
    gregh74 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This site is great!!! You have to make sure you track your food and exercise everday. Even if you are having a bad day. It helps you stay on track. Give it a try for a few months and you will be surprised.
  • lisajpeoples
    lisajpeoples Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This site is great! Makes you think about everything you put in your mouth! Not a magically pill, but a great help!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here for a few weeks but I really love it! After being stuck in a rut for four months, it was a god-send!

By the way, my best friend calls that weight-gain after moving in together "boyfriend pounds". LOL!

Edited to add: these message boards are as much of a help as the tracking - you can ask all kinds of question, get all kinds of advice and have some fun too!
  • woffordstud
    Options
    In a word, yes.

All this site does is make you realize how many calories (especially empty calories) you take in each day. But it only works as well as you want it to work. Weight loss is dependent on two things, calorie consumption and exercise. If you only worry about one, then you will never be in shape (though you will look slim if you eat less than your daily amount of calories over a period of time).

My main point is if you "cheat" yourself and do not put all of your calories, then this site will not work for you. If you keep up with calories, eventually you will be slim but you will not be "in shape". This is why i am glad the site also includes an exercise portion.

This is a great site and so far it has worked for me and my wife. We are still newbies but in about a month I was able to lose 8 pounds (which is what many consider a healthy weight loss to time ratio). I didnt log in for a week and I felt the results (gained one pound). So now I am trying to stick with it for good.

Good luck with your weight loss endeavors =-)
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have been on the site since January 2011 and have lost 14 pounds. I stick to the diet and always try to be a bit under and I exercise as much as possible, because then you can eat more food. I love the site and love the way my body is looking.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    It really does work in my oppinion, great support, and also makes you think whether something is worth eating.
    Another thing is that you would be SURPRISED to know how many calories are in some things we thing of as "healthy" or "diet food".

As pp said though BE HONEST with YOURSELF and in your journal. If you are honest with yourself, you will succeed.
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It works if YOU make it work it. There are all the tools and motivation you need here to keep you focused and motivated, but ultimately it's up to you to be accountable, log in calories, etc... You can do it! I've started and stopped a dozen times, and this time I'm still excited about it..50 days later!! The people are so great, and when you start slacking, this is the best place to come and get revamped!! I just hit my 10 lb today,, it was slow coming for me, but it came and now I'm even more excited about losing the next 10!! Good luck ~ we are all here for each other when you need us :)
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    So I joined last Monday...and only a week later, I've lost 3 lbs.

So yes it works, but you have to make it work.

I love this site, I love the iPhone app, and I love support from the members.

Like you, I went from a size 9 to a size 12, and I am determined to fit into my old jeans!

Best of luck on your journey!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Chasabeth
    Chasabeth Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks guys, this is really great..... Just what I need - I just thought to myself enough is enough and I need a change xx
  • angiegord
    Options
    All new to me as well.I have two friends on here ,both got 10 pounds almost gone..It's all about will power..Good Luck !!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It totally works for me, good luck!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Works for me.

Come on in the water's fine...
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I honestly think it does. I normally would never do a website like this..But it helps. I went from 300 to 287 in 2 weeks. I am someone who never really loses weight but this really makes me happy. Try it for one week consistently to get in the habit of adding foods and you will love it guaranteed!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    This really does work -- IF you put the time and effort into it.
    I would suggest logging every day -- and finding some exercise that you can look forward to doing.
    Oh and make friends (feel free to friend me)
  • hannahderr
    Options
    i love this site. not just for weight loss, but moral support and an overall healthier lifestyle. i feel much better and watching how many calories i have left changes what i do and eat. i might exercise more if i see i have no calories left, but i am hungry. i might not eat something bc it is high in calories and i cant afford to eat it that day. the support is wonderful. it makes u really want to keep going. seeing others doing well motivates me, as well. good luck :0) if you are honest on the site with food and exercise you WILL lose weight if you stick to it.