Testing my will power...

Options
OMG...I just need to vent a little bit...it is that TOM for me and I am craving chocolate and junk like nobody's BIZNEZ...and just a few minutes ago there was an announcement that they are serving chocolate cake in the reception area for someone's birthday...seriously people...so everyone left my office building to go over there to have cake and I was all like, "oh, no I just couldn't no thank you" when really in my mind I was like "I will trample anyone who gets in between me and that CAKE!!" (in a really deep scary voice LOL)
Anways...just needed to get that out...I'm fine really...it's fine :P

That's all...thanks for listening LOL

:tongue:

Replies

• _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hahahahhahaha!

That is exactly how I feel half the time at work! I swear these people live for what is called "Feast Days" , and they have them for b-day, anniversaries, babies...the list goes on. Some days I have the bull in china shop mentality when it comes to ice cream cake.
    But then before I do I just type it in to MFP to see how long it will take me to work it off.......that usually stops me dead in my tracks.
    Good luck with your will power, and if worse comes to worse, for your coworkers sake, I hope your wearing flats. lol.:laugh:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!!!! I totally just caved into some cake anbout an hour ago. Thank goodness I hav ea big work out planne dthi sevening.

Aweseme will power. Keep it up :)
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Dark chocoalte is my weakness....................................lucky I cna buy little squares when need be.....once every two weeks or so,lol
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what your talking about. I just woofed down a big brownie. Now I will have to have salad for dinner and nothing else. TOM is the worst. Does anybody have any tips for getting past those cravings/weak moments?
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    We have monthly FOOD Days - which I like to call PIG OUT days. Because literally that is what they turn into - for me any way. Everybody brings yummy dishes from home and its off the chain good stuff and lots of it. This last food day however was my first food day on MFP and I stuck to my guns and made it through with gold stars. I was so proud of myself because before that I always said Oh its Food day - might as well throw in the towel.
    We have cake and cookies for random events too - so I hear your frustration. You just gotta decide if it's worth it and usually the answer is no. Great Job for staying strong!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have a hard time too around that time. I just finished my 5 horrible days of cravings. I did discover that quaker makes their mini quakes in a chocolate flavor. It's soemthing like 130 calories for 13 mini quakes. Seriously yummy too. Keep hanging in there!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks everyone! LOL was having a lil bit of a weak moment there! But I'm over it! I had my 3 squares of Lindt Excellents Sea Salt dark chocolate and I'm feeling a bit better...now if these cramps would just eff right off then I'd be set! ;) LOL
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Those dark chocolate squares are actually pretty good for you, so yum yum yum. Eat 'em up! Way to know your own strength today.
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good for you! WIsh I had that will power! Chocolate is my weakness by far!