my friend turned me on to this site : )

tattooedgirl27
tattooedgirl27 Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
hello, my name is blue i just turned 45 and i have alot of health issues which make it difficult for me to lose weight. i have been a diabetic for almost 30 years and just got on the insulin pump last summer. keeping my sugar under control is the hardest thing for me and i find that this site helps since i have to keep a food journal i have never kept a food journal in my life and didn't realize just how much fat and calories are in cheese puffs!!! lol i've always just worried about the carbs because of my pump.
i also have asthma, high BP, high cholesteral, hypothyroidism and a few other things. i would love to connect with ppl that are in a similar situation.
good luck everyone!!!
~blue

Replies

• Welcome :) what type of diabetes do you have? I'm type 1
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Welcome. I have Type II Diabetes, High blood pressure and high cholesterol. ALthough in February my triglysterides dropped to 130.

You're more than welcome to add me.

Mirna
  • JMM_623_
    JMM_623_ Posts: 68 Member
    Hi,

I have Type I (23 years) and I've had an insulin pump for 3 years now :) Add me if you'd like!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Hi! No diabetes here but I just wanted to say hi and tell you that you are among friends. Exercising with a pump can be tricky at first, but rewarding in the long run because your bs control will be better (Im a NP).

I am an asthmatic though -- and it has been worth figuring out how to work around it.
    All things are possible if we work through the barriers!
    Friend me if you would like! :)
This discussion has been closed.